Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2020, 02:58 PM   #21
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
Seems the Virus does not like the tropics, isn't that a switch. After a few Corona's I brought home a case of Dengue From Tulum a few years back, we also spend 3-4 weeks each winter down there.
I read that it won't survive in temps over 25C. I think that is around 77F. So I thought when summer arrives it should die out until fall.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:55 PM   #22
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
So much misinformation in this post. Guns don't kill people. People kill people with whatever tool they use. Hands, cars, knives, rope, poison, etc.

People are comparing standard flu to covid 19. That's why you know about it.
I guess you misunderstood my post....it was meant to be a bit of humor based on the fact that someone said "150 million" were killed by guns....that candidate obviously misspoke because there could not have been that many deaths even if we included hand,cars,knives, rope, poison, etc.....and I was just funning over his error.. I'm more worried about the lack of toilet paper than I am the virus.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:59 PM   #23
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteandJoan View Post
I guess you misunderstood my post....it was meant to be a bit of humor based on the fact that someone said "150 million" were killed by guns....that candidate obviously misspoke because there could not have been that many deaths even if we included hand,cars,knives, rope, poison, etc.....and I was just funning over his error.. I'm more worried about the lack of toilet paper than I am the virus.
I did misunderstand. I saw the 150 million and didn't even want to get into that part, as there are some who would argue it.

My bad...carry on!😎
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:01 PM   #24
northern lights
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18757
Send a message via AIM to northern lights
We bought a bottle of Everclear at Walmart for $19.00. 40 proof? Nah, 191 proof ethyl alcohol.
Some of it is in a couple of pocket size spray bottles. A couple of small sprays on the hands works great. If needed, one in the mouth too. But, the warning on the bottle says
"Keep away from open flame."
northern lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:02 PM   #25
mudrockatc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24660
We have a home in the southern Philippines, very HOT there, Friday it was 106F, and well over 90F most days, still some covid19 around!
mudrockatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:01 PM   #26
Gunny B
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23153
I put toilet seat bidets on my home toilets years ago so no need for tp when you can do an underbody wash. I want to put one on my RV toilet but they positioned it in a corner where I would have to cut a hole in the wall. Instead we bought those travel kind of bidets. Anybody out there have a bidet in their RV?
Gunny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:10 PM   #27
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
I just bought a brand new toilet for my RV about three weeks ago and discussed adding a bidet on it with the wife. We boondock in the desert too much, so I was reasonably out voted on the basis of water conservation.

Hindsight though!!
Old 03-15-2020, 08:49 PM   #28
Greg and Sherry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17728
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
We booked a new campground in West Glacier for this summer, even though Montana does not even have a single person testing positive I received an email from the campground discussing the risk of the Virus and they will keep us notified of closures and changes. The way I see it High in the mountains in West Glacier in the summer is probably one of the safer places to be especially since we live in a Seattle Suburb.... Must say the upside is the traffic is lite these days...
We live in Montana and yes the virus is here. Great Falls had the first two. Not far from Glacier Park.
Greg and Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:14 PM   #29
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg and Sherry View Post
We live in Montana and yes the virus is here. Great Falls had the first two. Not far from Glacier Park.
But did these people bring it back from somewhere? Maybe it lives in the body but dies in the air and so will not spread much.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:38 PM   #30
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I was told the reason for the TP run is every time someone sneezes here lately, everyone around dirtys their pants?????????????
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:54 PM   #31
Greg and Sherry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg and Sherry View Post
Now the news releases have changed. Here’s the latest I found. We have 4 cases
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/health/officials-say-montana-s-coronavirus-cases-were-contracted-outside-the/article_2f74d109-ca2a-569c-aaf7-0bc288829593.amp.html
Old 03-15-2020, 09:56 PM   #32
Greg and Sherry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17728
Montana State-
https://helenair.com/news/state-and-...d470e9ca3.html
Old 03-18-2020, 09:14 AM   #33
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
I read that it won't survive in temps over 25C. I think that is around 77F. So I thought when summer arrives it should die out until fall.
If that's the case how does it live in our bodies where the temp is around 98.6.
I'm nearly out of Corona's and hoping when I restock the price will be down due to no demand.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:35 AM   #34
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Well, actually, I did not put 2-and-2 together until just now. Although I have water in my trailer tank, I've been wanting to sanatize the system. It has a faint taste of RV antifreeze, but no enough to quit using the water.

Anyway, all I need is a bottle of bleach and a decent warm day with no rain. But, since you mentioned this, I was at the grocery store this morning and there isn't a single bottle of bleach to be found anywhere. I'm still turning over in my head, I'm going to sanitize .... um.... but just now, reading this thread ... yea???? sanitize with WHAT?

Can one sanitize with cheap wine?

FYI, I had moonshine once when I lived in North Carolina. The guy took the moon shine from the still and gave me a drink. It about burned my gills off. He then took the same brew and put it the gas tank on his push lawn mower that was right there, and proceeded to mow his grass! I was dumbfounded.

He told me, he wasn't making "moonshine", he was making an alternative fuel!!! My next question was .... Yea, "fuel" for what... or who?

He laughed at me. Said if any revenuers came around, that was his story.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #35
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Fuel for gas operated equipment. i.e generators, vehicles, etc.

Diesel vehicles are more tolerant to "Less refined" alternative fuels. Your typical modern day gas engine will puke and die if you put that crap in it. I wouldn't try it unless you see a zombie horde heading to your bug out location. ��

Don't sanitize with any wine. It has alot of sugars in it. Use rubbing alcohol or the highest grade 120+ proof drinking alcohol. That's an extremely expensive way to sanitize though.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:58 AM   #36
Old Dad

M.O.C. #21832
If taste is what you are trying to improve, drain the tank and refill would be my first option. Second would be to add a charcoal filter in-line in your system.
Old Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:18 PM   #37
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
If heat kills the virus, why do we have some cases in FL? Half the population killed by guns, haha. We're 70 and 71, not afraid, but taking precautions. Went out on the boat yesterday; lots of people out there, keeping their distance.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:26 PM   #38
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
If heat kills the virus, why do we have some cases in FL? Half the population killed by guns, haha. We're 70 and 71, not afraid, but taking precautions. Went out on the boat yesterday; lots of people out there, keeping their distance.
It is not just heat it also requires increased humidity (which the combination is not currently present in FL) and that is assuming it is even vulnerable to climate.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:06 PM   #39
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
That's how most flu seasons go. I think being outdoors more in the warmer weather and ultraviolet light has a lot to do with flu season ending in the spring.
In colder weather people are indoors more. More exposure.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #40
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Quote:
People have been tracking Cell phone users. China has lost 21 Million cell phone customers some probably because they could not afford the payments, But this is quantitative data which can not be denied.. March 24th data:
https://t.co/VFnBWX2dCw?amp=1
One factory started all their machines just to use electricty becasue it was mandated, No workers in sight.

Extremely graphic videos. View at your own discretion. This is the only disclaimer I can possibly give. We are all adults here. Just FYI of how bad this could get without precautions. Boy Scout Motto: Be Prepared

Look at south America. Guatamala, Venezula and others. Here is a very graphic video. If you have a weak stomach and are nauseous for any reason. Then do not watch. Well over temps of 77F daily.

This is common occurrence. With the exception of Guatamala when they are trying to get their diseased picked up. End up public burnings because the do not have the resources.

The truth about China: Watch at your own discretion.

https://twitter.com/TruthAbtChina

This is vile and disgusting video. I did not create it. Just pointing out the reality of it all. For all the people say this is just the flu.
This is Indonesia. https://twitter.com/i/status/1246518811576225792