Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2020, 04:53 PM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Sanitizer and the RV

So I hear that some folks are using Tito's Vodka for sanitizer during the Corona Virus outbreak. Who knew that you could sanitize from the inside out.....

Update: Tito's says their product is only 40% alcohol, CDC recommends 60%. Might want to mix those drinks a little strong.....

Laugh a little it's better than crying!

2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:17 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Twice as much won’t work?
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:55 PM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
How many people here are worried about this virus?
We are the age is most affected.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:56 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Been using bourbon for years
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #5
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
My insides are certified clean thanks to Tito’s.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:27 PM   #6
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Around here we use moonshine. A guy that lives close to us makes it and I’ll bet he is making some now to protect his neighbors.
When you go around someone you know is making moonshine you worry about the ATF showing up and would you be arrested to. The ATF showed up at my shop last year looking for moonshine. No chance of finding it here, I don’t like it and don’t drink it.
Lynwood
Old 03-08-2020, 07:58 PM   #7
jetskier
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
How many people here are worried about this virus?
We are the age is most affected.
Lynwood

What age is that?
Old 03-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #8
MidMOTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20688
We winter in Cozumel Mexico the cruise ship capital of the Caribbean!
We have 34 this week I think.
I’m not worried about it yet but we head back the end of the month and have to fly.
That’s where I’m most concerned.
2017 F450 DRW KR 4x4
MidMOTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:47 AM   #9
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
What age is that?

Bout my age, one day older than dirt.
Lynwood
Old 03-09-2020, 10:32 AM   #10
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
I'm not worried about it one bit, yearly flu kills more people but no one says that. Need to worry more about guns....killed more than 150 million one candidate said.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:25 PM   #11
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Does any one know someone, who knows someone that knows someone who has it? Right me neither, I am not going to worry. I'm in the arm pit of NYC every day, nothing has changed , still the same couple of asians walking around with surgical masks that always do.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:41 PM   #12
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
We booked a new campground in West Glacier for this summer, even though Montana does not even have a single person testing positive I received an email from the campground discussing the risk of the Virus and they will keep us notified of closures and changes. The way I see it High in the mountains in West Glacier in the summer is probably one of the safer places to be especially since we live in a Seattle Suburb.... Must say the upside is the traffic is lite these days...
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM   #13
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMOTraveler View Post
We winter in Cozumel Mexico the cruise ship capital of the Caribbean!
We have 34 this week I think.
I’m not worried about it yet but we head back the end of the month and have to fly.
That’s where I’m most concerned.
Seems the Virus does not like the tropics, isn't that a switch. After a few Corona's I brought home a case of Dengue From Tulum a few years back, we also spend 3-4 weeks each winter down there.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:58 AM   #14
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
DW had a doctor appointment at North Austin Medical Center yesterday and they have started a new protocol for entry. All building entries were blocked and employees and patients have to answer questions. They will not allow anyone inside exhibiting symptoms of the virus. They do not have any test kits. North Austin is owned by national corporation HCA and all HCA facilities have started the same program nationwide. Last week I went on a site walk at a local microchip plant and had to answer lots of health questions before they would hand out security badge.

My company started a similar entry/registration program at all of our job sites nationwide. I live out in the in the country and work from home 4 days per week...I don’t mix with the masses and I intend to keep it that way. Maybe this thing will go away when good ol’ hot and humid weather returns!
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:32 AM   #15
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
This is getting crazy. Then NBA had ONE player test positive and shut down the season. Here in California they are going nuts and closing everything because they are afraid. They shut down a school because a parent of ONE of the students tested positive. I do wonder how good these tests are. We are going to San Diego in a couple weeks and we are still going. I do however carry hand sanitizer with me now.

You can't find toilet paper anywhere. I am not sure why. Costco buys it by the truck load and puts the pallets on the floor and they are out. There is plenty of food you just can't wipe your butt. LOL
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:12 AM   #16
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Not sure Tito's is strong enough. We were at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo yesterday arriving just b4 noon. WiFi was out and everyone was getting in free, waiving $18/pp tickets. Was told by the guy at the beer shack that there was a meeting going on with Mayor and rodeo committee to shut down the event. Got a note from a vendor friend 30 minutes later that city was closing all of the remaining two weeks of the rodeo. 30 minutes later all the beer concessions were closing down. Personally, I think this is over-reacting. Some say, better safe than sorry. All of us need to make personal choices. I'm 67+yo and have had the influenza one time. Never had the shots. I and all can make their own choice rather to fly, cruise, or go to the biggest rodeo in the country. I was surprised that the rodeo committee caved to the Mayor of Houston's demands. I suppose that it might be the best as with Covid19 you can have it and not know it. Many folks are out thousands of $$$ and the kids who were selling their prize winning animals will have to miss out this year. Very upsetting.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:27 AM   #17
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post
This is getting crazy. Then NBA had ONE player test positive and shut down the season. Here in California they are going nuts and closing everything because they are afraid. They shut down a school because a parent of ONE of the students tested positive. I do wonder how good these tests are. We are going to San Diego in a couple weeks and we are still going. I do however carry hand sanitizer with me now.

You can't find toilet paper anywhere. I am not sure why. Costco buys it by the truck load and puts the pallets on the floor and they are out. There is plenty of food you just can't wipe your butt. LOL
I was wondering the same thing about TP. More time on the throne with Covid19?? Our daughter lives in S. Korea and says the same thing is going on there with TP and also no hand sanitizer on base. They now are restricted to a strict curfew time window on the base (Humphreys) where no cases are reported. We sent her a huge box of the hand sanitizer we bought at Bath & Body.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:57 AM   #18
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteandJoan View Post
I'm not worried about it one bit, yearly flu kills more people but no one says that. Need to worry more about guns....killed more than 150 million one candidate said.
That would be about 1/2 the population of the US.
Currently a friend has type "A" flu. She has been sick in bed for a week. She got her flu shot this year. Come to find out they missed the mark. Flu shot is only about 40% effective.
Wash your hands, dont touch your face. Stay outdoors. Stay away from large crowds.
It will die out by summer just like flu.
We are leaving next month for a SW USA tour.
Safe travels.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:29 PM   #19
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteandJoan View Post
So much misinformation in this post. Guns don't kill people. People kill people with whatever tool they use. Hands, cars, knives, rope, poison, etc.

People are comparing standard flu to covid 19. That's why you know about it.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:34 PM   #20
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post

Invest in bidet manufacturers....

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote