Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2008, 06:51 AM   #101
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
I think we all need to do what makes us feel comfortable. Steve and I discussed this and decided that we needed to keep on traveling. So off to CO we go for the summer. We may stay longer in places, but still have 5000 miles to go this year. We may use some savings. But I liked what Rich's dad says, "die and run out of money on the same day". So maybe someday I will have to go back to work. So what? We are happy now and will most likely be OK as long as our health holds. I'd hate to scrimp, then have regrets. I watched my mom and dad save and boom, he was gone before they got the chance to live their dreams. We live ours NOW.

Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #102
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
I guess I'm on the oppisite side of the coin on this one. We will travel, how much depends on the economy - business. We have always been tied to it. This year we seem to be leaning on going. It still makes me nervous.
Slow economy - little money coming in. Good economy too much work to leave.

It was the same when I worked construction, laid off can't go on vacation, wears the money. Working full time or overtime can't go, can't take time off.
So for being young (50's) I have the work ethics of my Dad.

As for savings we are planning to have the kids out of college debt free. Then when we pass they will each have a sizable inheritance in a trust to start them off in their endeavors.
Chuck
PS work hard, work smart, laugh at life and smaile when you can, more the better.
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:24 PM   #103
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
These energy increases are just out of control with no end in sight. Helen is working long hours at Disney but the income she adds to the travel budget just seems to hold us even. We are not in the red but there is not enough there to carry out this years great adventure as planned.We have decided to use our allocated travel funds but our range of travel will shrink considerably. I do not understand what our leaders are thinking as they fiddle while Rome burns.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #104
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Fuel prices have impacted us, for sure. We're retired and will still camp this summer, but it will be close to home. Luckily, we live in Colorado, so that's not all bad!

$4.00/gallon for diesel x 10mpg = expensive travels.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #105
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Wow! I have one big trip that we have wanted to take going from Texas City, TX, to P'cola, Fl to Central Mass and back to Texas City. Looks like fuel alone will cost me roughly $1600.00. Add campground fees and other necessities and that will most likely double.
Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!
After that it will be a lot of local camping.

Thanks politicians!! (Got to blame someone)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote