Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2024, 10:54 AM   #1
thedinobots
Established Member

M.O.C. #33672
How long does Keystone DIY take to respond?

Hi everyone,

I love the idea of the DIY program, and submitted two claims online for replacement parts with photos and all of the requested information. Its been over a week and I haven't gotten so much as an acknowledgement, let alone any idea of turnaround time, shipping time, etc.

By the time they respond, we will likely be in another state and will need to change the shipping address.

What have others experiences been?

P.S. sorry for the typo in the subject line - can’t figure out how to change it!

Thanks!

MOD Update: I fixed the title for you

Old 02-09-2024, 12:40 PM   #2
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
All I can say is that I feel your frustration. It's like once you leave the salesroom floor, all the niceties and hand shakes go out the window, and you have to battle to get repairs done and most importantly in a timely manner...........all while making that RV payment. Whatever your repairs entail, I hope you get it all fixed.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 01:49 PM   #3
High5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #33861
I contacted Keystone DIY and had the same experience. I waited a week, then called their customer service. The customer service agent told me the part I requested wasn't covered under their DIY and to take it in to the dealer service center.

I ended up buying the part I needed from Amazon.

It was something like 2 or 3 weeks later and the DIY people sent me an email asking for my mailing address to ship me the part.

My best guess on this program is it was a side project, intended to reduce the expense of fulfilling warranty claims by eliminating the labor charges the dealers submit for reimbursement. Unfortunately, it seems that managing this DIY process is a bit of an afterthought and the mailbox isn't regularly monitored. It's either that or they didn't account for the volume of inquiries they would get and are just that far behind.
High5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 08:45 AM   #4
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
no 3rd a/c..... Mini split

Keystone only did this program to save them money on the mistakes they made and to reduce the dealer interaction (or the lack there of). After being lied to many times ( actually called one out in a lie and she just hung up the phone) I gave up on all warranty claims or complaints and just started to buy the parts out of pocket and did all the work myself. The frame flex was a bear but I got it done. A lot less stressful and didn`t have to leave the camper at the dealer for months. Might want to consider that.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 08:57 AM   #5
thedinobots
Established Member

M.O.C. #33672
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
Keystone only did this program to save them money on the mistakes they made and to reduce the dealer interaction (or the lack there of). After being lied to many times ( actually called one out in a lie and she just hung up the phone) I gave up on all warranty claims or complaints and just started to buy the parts out of pocket and did all the work myself. The frame flex was a bear but I got it done. A lot less stressful and didn`t have to leave the camper at the dealer for months. Might want to consider that.
What have you found to be the easiest way to buy parts? For example I need a light switch and I’m not sure sure I’ll find it at a Lowe’s or Home Depot?
thedinobots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 11:29 AM   #6
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedinobots View Post
What have you found to be the easiest way to buy parts? For example I need a light switch and I’m not sure sure I’ll find it at a Lowe’s or Home Depot?
Several online RV parts stores and on Amazon or Camping World if you can deal with them. I have had a great deal of success dealing with the Camping World in Myrtle Beach they will mail you anything they sell at a REASONABLE price. They sold me the parts I needed for the frame flex issue and had it mailed directly to my house. The key is talking to a real parts person, not someone who is more worried about how her sweater fits than getting you the part you need.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 01:39 PM   #7
StageCoachDriver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22620
My experience is they never respond.
StageCoachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 04:42 AM   #8
newadven2023

M.O.C. #33743
Montana 3571 BP

Good morning,

Wife and I purchased our Montana new in December 2023. We have a few things that need to be fixed. Tried the DIY program. No response.

We have owned about 4 RV's now. All the same.....things broken, unresponsive dealers. Given the cost of the RV's, you would think that the dealers and manufacturers would actually care about customers.

We have 2 broken blinds, the "tele-vator" and shower door are broken. No idea when they will be fixed.
newadven2023 is offline   Reply With Quote