Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2020, 02:20 PM   #24
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
That is possible with the Firestone however with Airlift systems they use these quick connect fittings since they are one time use if one leaks and the entire system is connected you have to replace all lines and fittings, there is no patch.

I already have to replace one of my lines Airlift dent me new lines (at no cost) fortunately I did not have the pump system that would have required all lines replace. The reason for that is the pump on has a single output then the two lines meed outside the pump so you have to replace all.

With the non pump system I can replace a single like in about 10 minutes it would take a lot longer to replace the lines on a pump system. Also note that Airlift has two pump option one that requires the pump to be in the cab of the truck (non IP rated) and the other that mounts under the bed outside, that is an expensive over priced pump seeing that it only controls the bags.

Since it only takes me 2-3 minutes to fill my gas manually I could not justify the value or potential headache of future maintenance.

Everything has a potential headache. I have run Airlift ,and Firestone air bags with Airlift compressors for both brands of Airbags.Both trucks had the quick connect, disconnect fittings, had a couple leak, apparently did not cut the air lines square enough , disconnected recut ,and connected back up .So totally lost on what you are talking about

Lets talk about onboard compressors ,yes I went a year before I installed one , that was enough for me, you can have that manual fill. I gladly paid to have onboard air for the airbags. First truck had the gauge, and switch inside the cab, not bad had air pressure at a glance, but not even comparable to the Airlift remote 72000 compressor setup , automatically maintains set air pressure , programable , and be changed on the fly, and have done so to improve the ride on certain road conditions, the list goes on . Yes I repeat you can have that manual inflate ,and deflate ,been there done that .

I have had onboard air ,and air bags now for nearly 20 years on two different trucks without a problem . Your assessment of the air lines , connections etc is something that is a bit baffling .

Both installation were done by me, and there was nothing to it . The Airlift remote setup was a breeze, no air lines or electrical needed to be ran inside the cab.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote