Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2020, 08:54 AM   #1
waltblack1

M.O.C. #25984
battery service - 2020 3931FB

Howdy,
Being a new member, not sure if this is the right place to ask questions, but here goes.
Bought our subject rv in Oct 2019. Thought I should check battery (2 each) water levels by now. Can't remove battery box cover without disconnecting battery cables. Don't really want to do this as I think it might disrupt power inside. Presently hooked up to 50 amp shore power. Any advice?
Thanks.
Walt
waltblack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:34 AM   #2
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
i'd just disconnect the 110 voltage and then check the batteries and then just plug back in......the whole process should take about 10-15 minutes.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:50 AM   #3
waltblack1

M.O.C. #25984
what about battery disconnect switch?
Thanks for quick reply.
W.
waltblack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:10 AM   #4
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
No need to do anything with the disconnect switch to disconnect your battery cable and check the water level.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:45 AM   #5
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
This is a great option for watering your batteries and you can set it up so you do not even have the check the level. You can remotely fill the batteries

This is a battery watering system, it also has check valves to prevent from over watering. So every month or so depending on use just grab your water and a few pumps and you are good to go all without removing the battery box cover.

https://www.campingworld.com/qwik-fi...ts-accessories

lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:52 PM   #6
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
This is a great option for watering your batteries and you can set it up so you do not even have the check the level. You can remotely fill the batteries

This is a battery watering system, it also has check valves to prevent from over watering. So every month or so depending on use just grab your water and a few pumps and you are good to go all without removing the battery box cover.

https://www.campingworld.com/qwik-fi...ts-accessories

I have something similar to that on my battery bank. I have 8 batteries though, so it makes it easy to keep them maintained. Mine is gravity fed vs the pump bulb. Have a small tank on a shelf above the batteries.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:27 PM   #7
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltblack1 View Post
Howdy,
Being a new member, not sure if this is the right place to ask questions, but here goes.
Bought our subject rv in Oct 2019. Thought I should check battery (2 each) water levels by now. Can't remove battery box cover without disconnecting battery cables. Don't really want to do this as I think it might disrupt power inside. Presently hooked up to 50 amp shore power. Any advice?
Thanks.
Walt
I know exactly what you are talking about concerning that crazy battery box lid. Way too many unneeded connections to deal with and cables too short in order to move the lid aside just to check batteries. I replaced that box and solved that problem. Happy Camper now.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:41 AM   #8
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
i dont know what they put in your 3931fb I believe but could be wrong the dealer installs the batteries and that they probably are marine/rv deep cycle maintance free batteries, thats what mine came with. not the best for sure but cheaper than agm thats why they use them. will find out when you pull them out of the battery box they are in. i added a third one that helps out a lot. the marine batteries are measured in rc here is how it is converted to amp hrs Amp/Hours = (Reserve Capacity / 2) plus 16 mine are 160 rc /96 ah converted
hope this helps

al meyer
3931fb
az
Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #9
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
If your connections are like mine those top 2 cables do not need removed. The top is screwed into the bottom and nothing needs disconnecting but the back cells are difficult to see.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote