Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
chris199
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17167
3791RD Slide Floor Issue Under Fridge

We have the 3791RD with the residential fridge on a kitchen slide.

First time out we saw the kitch floor was gouged by something under the kitchen slide. Found a screw with the point protruding out of the slide floor but that's not the real issue.

Just noticed the real issue this past weekend. When the slide is brought in, at the end of the cycle, the slide sort of slopes up when it forms its seal with the outer wall of the RV. Well, when the sloping happened.....I noticed the top of the fridge didn't slope up with the rest of the slide. Turns out the floor under the fridge is "loose" to some extent and doesn't move like it used to. As a result, the slide floor is now lower than it used to be when going out and when being retracted. So that screw that was always protruding....is now dragging on the kitchen floor.

I checked the integrity of the slide walls and floor from the outside and all looks OK. Looks like the floor for the fridge is inside only and isn't really the floor of the slide - if you know what I mean.

Anyone experience this issue? Am assuming this is a dealer repair issue. Am hoping the extended warranty will kick in. Not sure it will cover the cost to repair the gouged floor or not.

I'm thinking what happened is on our trip to Florida from PA in March, we had the fridge and freezer loaded up. Nothing crazy....just frozen food and routine food for the trip. South Carolina roads are a mess and so are som others but I'm thinking the rough roads, porpoising, etc....caused the weight of the fridge to force the floor underneath it to work itself loose from the inner walls of the slide. Just a guess..

chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote