Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Hurricane Ike - Some Pictures (and more pictures)

When out riding around I took a few snapshots of the damage in the local area. If you are interested,

CLICK HERE

Opening the first picture will let you scroll through at your leisure at the bottom of the screen.

Edited: Subject

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
This site contains many pictures of IKE's destruction in Texas.

Hurricane Ike

Old 10-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Wayne,

We have lots of pictures of damage on Surfside, Treasure Island, Galveston, but alas I am a computer dummy. Just want to say that things are bad and hopefully people have all three types of insurance on their homes. A wind policy, flood policy and their typical homeowners policy. We are seeing lots of flood damage with this storm, with Dolly we saw lots of wind damage. You also need to make sure that you have enough insurance on your home if you have a coinsurance clause on your policy.

People need to keep pictures of their home/rooms some where seperate from their house. Sure helps the adjuster if you have the before and after. Really helps if people take pictures of the damage before they make any repairs to the property.

Lots of work to do, and lots of damage that won't be covered because people have chosen to not insure their house either because of the cost, or they thought it wouldn't happen to them.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:31 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Colleen,
It is really tragic. I have talked to owners who did not have either flood or wind, and they are still up the creek without a paddle. They were not in the "flood zone" so thought it was safe. Shows to go that water seeks its own level. As for no wind insurance - well, this is the Gulf Coast.

I wonder how many thought they had the insurance, but were never clued in by the insurance agent.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:44 AM   #5
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Wayne,

I will keep my mouth shut about insurance agents and coverage. If I start talking I might have Bob put duck tape over my mouth. Let's just say that not all insurance agents are the same. You should talk to your agent about what you are buying and what it covers. Cheaper isn't always the best when you need it.

That goes for all types of insurance, when you need it you will want the best.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote