Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
Al & Sandy
Established Member

M.O.C. #27372
NW Poenix RV Park suggestions!

Hi Folks, I love the variety of opinions on this site, on a large variety of subjects! So I thought I would ask for some feedback on our question.

We will soon be retired and since you have to book most long-term RV parks a year in advance, we are looking for an RV Park in the North Poenix area for Jan.-March 2022. My wife's sister lives in Peoria and I have a sister who lives in Surprise, so we would like to be in that general area. We would prefer an RV park that has a pool and scheduled activities.

It sounds like many of the Phoenix area "RV parks" are turning into semi-permanant Park Model parks rather then RV parks. It seems that many of these, such as the Sunflower RV resort, have very few actual RV spots available. We have thought about Pleasant Harbor, but it is a little away from our target area.

Any suggestions?

Al & Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
GHallof
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25098
Phoenix Metro RV Park
https://www.phoenixmetrorvpark.com
2017 3661RL
GHallof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #3
Gubs
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27658
You might want to check on the RV resorts around Sun City and Sun City West, some are really nice! There are also a couple out by Buckeye that look pretty nice. Also Lake Pleasant is a very nice campground, only draw back is you have move every 14 days. Sites are much more private than Pleasant Harbor and larger!!

Larry & Marilyn Gubbels
2019 F-350 Diesel 4X4, Short Bed, BW 18K slider,
closely followed by a 2020 Montana 3121RL
Gubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #4
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
There are a number of RV Parks in North Phoenix. As stated earlier you might also check in the actual Sun City areas as I know that I have seen some out there but am not as familiar with the area. There is also one park just south of 101 loop & I-17 junction next to Costco and another one just north of of the 101 loop and 1-17 junction on the west side of the I-17 by Happy Valley.
Y
From this area you still have a bit of a drive going west on the 101 to get towards the Sun City areas. Not a bad drive but I avoid it when I can during rush hour traffic.

Tom
Old 12-28-2020, 08:24 PM   #5
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
We are currently at the Paradise RV Resort and there are quite a few vacant sites this season due to the COVID virus. Not sure what it will be like next year. You also should be aware that the monthly rates are extremely high those three months, so be sitting down and hopefully you have a doctor standing by when you hear the rates. We rent on an annual basis, so paying for the year is only a bit higher than just those three months. (888)573-7040.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:56 AM   #6
Al & Sandy
Established Member

M.O.C. #27372
Thanks for this suggestion Bob. This looks like a very nice park on-line. I think we had not considered this park before, since it is a Thousand Trails park. I am not real familiar with Thousand Trails, but I guess I thought they might be available for members only. We will definately put this one high on the list!
Al & Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #7
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
It’s really an Encore park that is connected with TT. It isn’t a membership park but it is a 55 and over park, but only one of a couple needs to be over 55. It’s also well maintained compared to any TT park we’ve ever been to.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:06 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
From what I've been told via the grapevine there are numerous parks in the Casa Grande area which is west of Phoenix that have a lot of openings because they were mainly sites for the Canadians that come down for the winter. Because of the Covid they have plenty of open sites and might even be giving discounts (not sure on this) because of all the site openings. Check them out also. We will be down southeast of Tucson in Benson, AZ when we get down there.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:12 PM   #9
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Rondo actually the only Casa Grande that I have been to is East of Phoenix on the I-10 heading towards Tucson, about an hour from central Phoenix. Have friends that live there, kind of in the middle of nowhere, probably closest to Maricopa. FWIW I have been wrong before.

Tom
Old 12-29-2020, 08:41 PM   #10
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I stand corrected Tom! I was thinking I was west of Phoenix but I was actually off of I-10 and I-8 which is south or southeast of Phoenix. But I do know that I have through the grapevine heard that there are several RV Resorts or campgrounds in Casa Grande that have a lot of spaces available because of the lack of Canadian RVer's not being able to cross the border and fill their lots they had reserved last year. Al and Sandy need to check in with some of the campgrounds there and they are not in the crowded areas of Phoenix.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #11
DanC
Established Member

M.O.C. #27172
Npt west but close to Phoenix

We use Mesa Regal in Mesa. It is a bit east of Phoenix but not a bad drive on the 202. It has reasonable rates, and is a clean park. It is open this year since the northern border is closed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
Hi Folks, I love the variety of opinions on this site, on a large variety of subjects! So I thought I would ask for some feedback on our question.

We will soon be retired and since you have to book most long-term RV parks a year in advance, we are looking for an RV Park in the North Poenix area for Jan.-March 2022. My wife's sister lives in Peoria and I have a sister who lives in Surprise, so we would like to be in that general area. We would prefer an RV park that has a pool and scheduled activities.

It sounds like many of the Phoenix area "RV parks" are turning into semi-permanant Park Model parks rather then RV parks. It seems that many of these, such as the Sunflower RV resort, have very few actual RV spots available. We have thought about Pleasant Harbor, but it is a little away from our target area.

Any suggestions?
DanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:16 AM   #12
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Al,
We are in Happy Trails in Surprise. https://htresort.nabrnetwork.com. It's a large park with several pools/hot tubs, recreation centers, golf course and many other amenities. It's a mix of park models and RV lots.

We have an RV lot that we do rent for the season. It's booked for this winter but not yet for next year. If you're interested, pm me.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #13
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanC View Post
We use Mesa Regal in Mesa. It is a bit east of Phoenix but not a bad drive on the 202. It has reasonable rates, and is a clean park. It is open this year since the northern border is closed....
We stayed in Mesa back in 06 and commuted to Surprise in NW Phoenix almost everyday. DanC think it is not a bad drive but we thought it was terrible. At least an hour and a half each way because there was always traffic. My cousin still lives in Mesa during the winter. She despises the times she has to commute to Sun City West.