Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2007, 02:33 AM   #41
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We have replaced our sofa with a Simmons Twin Sleeper which is a better quality bed as it is used for Mark, our son, all winter in Tx.
We replaced the recliners with a stressless model made by Palliser in Vancouver, BC. however, we purchased them from Discount Leather via internet from California and had them shipped to Tx. with free shipping and no sales tax.
They are swivel recliners and complete leather front and back with a wood swivel base. We travelled to Tx. without the recliners and used lawn chairs on the way down.

Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:10 AM   #42
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Rv manufacturers build Rv's using cost effective methods and materials.We are told weight is of prime concern yet our campers have recliners and Tv's that are anchors. Why do they do that...it is cost effective.. They get those clumsly but not bad looking recliners at a"cost effective price and as long as the contract for them is in effect they will continue to install them. When the choice is Cost effective or weight..cheaper wins out every time. We saw a 3400 that had attempted to go under a overpass about 3 inches to low in a salvage yard. All the furniture was gone..it looked huge inside which gave me the not so bright idea of ordering our 3400 with no furniture. We did our home work...Just about all the furniture is to big for a RV and way more expensive..The stuff in the Rv is RV size furniture or Apartment size furniture and very expensive. Sometimes good sounding ideas, after attempting to apply them..are not so good.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:34 AM   #43
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I understand what Rich is saying about Furniture sizes. However we went this morning to Nebraska Furniture in Kansas City. Now there is a Furniture Store.....They have the choices and varieties on hand in stock!!!! I was very surprised, Lazy Boy recliners the same measurements as thos MONSTERS we now have only much better built. $329.00 each on sale. Found a great Love seat the same size as the sleeper sofa, only as before, much better built and fabric for $520.00. So if a person goes to a very """""LARGE""""""FURNITURE store the quality, size are there for you.. I know in Topeka close to my residence, the furniture store even the LARGE one's here just don't have the selection. They can order six to eight weeks, Nebraska furniture IN STOCK NOW. Heck I sound like a saleman ha ha
I talked to one manager and he said that there have been several RVer's that have just parked in the lot and had their items installed right away from the warehouse. The parking lots are big enough to accomadate any RV's.
OK, enough
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #44
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
OK, Young couple came by. Does anyone REMEMBER when they were starting out... Well I made them, a heck of a deal. Sofa Sleeper, never used. 1 Recliner I used for a good eight weeks 2nd Recliner used by Daisy May (Bichon) for eight weeks beside me. OK. $300.00. They were so happy. And I was happy to see it go. MUDCHIEF (Dennis) did help by telling me that the back came off of the sleeper sofa, made things easier to get out. That young man was really happy when he drove out of the yard. Now were waiting on the Lazy Boy's and Love seat.
Like I said, the next time, we get our own furniture.. No more of this swaping out later.
OH, DID I TELL EVERYONE """BRANSON IS GREAT IN 2008"" Sign up and come see my new furniture. ha ha ha John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #45
tractor
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3421
I've tried putting the couch at back window in our 3500 rl it doesn't fit.
tractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:57 PM   #46
jpwhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23248
The theater seating in our 2019 3120 RL Montana came with a broken frame.The left-hand seat was comfortable, but the right hand (mine) leaned to the right on our first trip. Keystone ended up providing an new one, and since the model was no longer available, ended up getting a new couch to match.
jpwhite is offline   Reply With Quote