RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2020, 07:48 PM   #61
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
FWIW, I installed sailuns on my 2016 f350 drw about 18 months ago & they still look like new after 15k miles. The truck rode much smoother, no winter issues & we go snowmobiling up north. a week after the tires I installed billstien shocks, didn't realize how bad the stock shocks were & they only had 35k on them. Next tire change I will change the shocks at the same time, it made a huge difference. I think one of the biggest improvements with the sailuns is how smooth & quiet they are at speed, we travel from Li to the catskills alot & at 80 mph on the thruway the tires really seem to shine.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #62
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
There are Firestone Transforce A/Ts and Firestone Transforce A/T2s.

The A/T2s have better tread depth, better traction and longer life.

The OEMs use the A/Ts. The A/T2s would be an upgrade from the OEM tire. I have found them to be the best on-road and off-road tire.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:13 AM   #63
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
General HTS60's are going on my truck this morning.

If you are looking for LT275/70-18 tires right now there seems to be a shortage of many versions. I had our Escape in for service at Ford and about the only tires available were A/Ts - Firestone and a couple off brands. Same thing with Tire Rack though they did have the 4 Generals
Old 11-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #64
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Finally got to put a few miles on these new General tires today. Very smooth ride.That ride is not anywhere near as harsh as the Michelins they replace. Now, just hope they wear as well and as good in wet weather.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #65
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
There are Firestone Transforce A/Ts and Firestone Transforce A/T2s.

The A/T2s have better tread depth, better traction and longer life.

The OEMs use the A/Ts. The A/T2s would be an upgrade from the OEM tire. I have found them to be the best on-road and off-road tire.

I guess that explains why most complain about the OE Transforce being a terrible wearing tire , myself included , I got 28K out of them.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 03:40 PM   #66
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
I put on Cooper tires and coming home the front right lost all its tread at 60 mph. The truck, sensing a collision , shut down the fuel , and shut off the ignition. Steering and braking were greatly reduced but I did finally stop safely. The tire was still inflated. I replaced all tires in Blyth, Ca, and brought the defective tire home. There were 24k miles on the tires. I put in a claim for $ 7000.00 CDN to Cooper tire. After 4 mos. of stalling and excuses I got my cheque. Thanks to God that it ended safely. We were in the Mexican mountains just a few hours before.
artfuldodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:21 PM   #67
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
truck came with good year wranglers ..but these are all weather and lower milage (tracking)

and they will only do 3640 lb weight each

changes to yokohama geolander ..they will take 4080 lb each and have more of a highway tread and are a lot quieter

see photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tire tread view.jpg (101.7 KB, 2 views)
ForBruce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:45 PM   #68
Jetson
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #180
What type Coopers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artfuldodger View Post
I put on Cooper tires and coming home the front right lost all its tread at 60 mph. The truck, sensing a collision , shut down the fuel , and shut off the ignition. Steering and braking were greatly reduced but I did finally stop safely. The tire was still inflated. I replaced all tires in Blyth, Ca, and brought the defective tire home. There were 24k miles on the tires. I put in a claim for $ 7000.00 CDN to Cooper tire. After 4 mos. of stalling and excuses I got my cheque. Thanks to God that it ended safely. We were in the Mexican mountains just a few hours before.
I have heard of problems with the Cooper Discoverer AT, what kind did you have?
Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote