Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
New problems on Late 2006 3400RL

Thought I would update the forum on some new problems that have shown their ugly face after our 1600 mile trip from WA to Apachee Junction, AZ.

1.)The super slide has settled a bit and is now making marks on the carpet and the upper ceiling seal is hardly making a seal any more but the droop that we had originally hasn't returned.
2.) The kitchen slide isn't opening all the way on the rear side. Didn't notice it until noticed a cold draft during the cold weather. The slide appears to be closing on the front side properly but a gap is left on the rear seal. Don't know if this is a new problem or has always been this way and we hadn't noticed it before.
3.) Several hinges have come lose on the kitchen cabinets. Screws are stripped. Pretty sure the screws stripped the wood at the factory due to over tightening. Using wood toothpicks and wood glue inserted in the holes and redrilling to repair. Another 2005 3400RL owner here in the resort had the same thing happen.

I'm really disappointed in the Montana factory quality. I think they are getting by with way too much poor quality construction considering what we went through during the PDI and the first few camping trips. I just cannot accept the fact that general RV construction quality is poor. A good reputable company would not produce products like this. Keystone needs to understand what ISO 2000 quality standards are all about. I expected much better.

Meanwhile we are enjoying our 3 month stay in AZ. Here are some pictures of the AZ scenery nearby. These pictures are of Canyon Lake which is a man made lake on the Salt River about 16 miles NE of where we are staying. We recently went on a dinner cruise which started at 5:30 and the sun was setting so there are some interesting shadows and light patterns. Also look for the Dahl Sheep, especially the two pictures of a single sheep way off in the distance silhouetted by the sun.

See pictures at:

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/trave...akesalt-river/

Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote