Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #1
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
A good tire buying experience

I know we all bitch a lot, but we don't always report good experiences.

I needed 2 new G rated tires for one of my axles on the Monty. I decided to go with what Keystone is now installing and that is the Sailun S637. At the National MOC rally, we got a flyer on specials and the one for tires mentioned http://Trailertiresandwheels.com. I checked them out and found that while they have a big Online presents, they also have a retail location at their warehouse in Edon, OH. That just happens to be 5 miles south of I-80/90 just inside Ohio near the Indiana border. I was going that way from Goshen back home.

I set up an appointment for 9:30AM. I just backed up the Monty to their door and used my LevelUP to get the rear off the ground enough to remove the tires. They didn't force me to wait in some waiting room like most tire store. I removed the TST 507 sensors for them, and they did the rest. I noticed that they, by default, used lug mount instead of hub mount on their balance machine without me mentioning it. They let me reinstall the sensors before balancing. And they allowed me to torque the lugs. I requested them to hand tighten the lugs and I'd take it from there.

I like businesses that work the way you want instead of just doing things the wrong way or doing things out of sight so you don't know what step was skipped

jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:01 PM   #2
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
You're right. It is good to hear of a good experience for a change.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:53 PM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
That is where I got my load range h tires and wheels from. Great people. They shipped the tires/wheels to me in maine via fed-x on a palette wrapped in plastic, all ready to install. And did it all in a couple of days after I called them. Highly recommend using this business.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #4
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
If you haven't had the sailun's before then i believe you will be surprised how tough they are. I have over 15,000 miles on mine and have not had any trouble with them. When leaving the rally i hit a very rough spot in Cincinati and cracked one of my factory wheels. The tpms came in handy for that. This is the 2nd wheel i have broken with our rough roads but the tires have done well. I have now installed hi-spec wheels on the rv now and hope they are better. Simple Tire is also a good place to buy these tires on line.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:51 AM   #5
Twopetes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17535
I got my Sailun's at National Tire and Battery. They ordered and installed within a few days.

I think the Sailuns's are going to be a great investment - I know one thing - they are a lot heavier than the china bombs!
Retired and Lovin’ it!
Twopetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #6
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
What is the price for the Sailun tires?

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote