Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
6 point levelers question?

I have the 6 point levelers and have noticed a little popping sound now and then and it feels like the jacks are setting a little each time. Also noticed the camper is rocking a bit more then when we set it up. We have only been set up here for about a week now.

My questions are...
1) On the Leveler Control Panel, If I press the Retract Button and then the Rear Button will it only raise the rear 4 jacks? I was thinking of trying to re-level the rig.

2) In the Manual Mode, if I press the left or right button does it operate all 3 jacks on each side?

The manual for the levelers is not very complete on explaining the operation of this system. Also not to clear on what the "Zeroing Out" is for and when or why it is accomplished. Sorry if these are rather stupid questions, just trying to learn this system.

Thanks, Scott

PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
The zeroing out is to change the originally set "level" if you want "level" to be different. Popping is a problem often reported, particularly during temperature changes. For some of us it went away on it's own and was probably just remaining air bubbles in the system. Lippert has advised adding a type of motorcycle fork oil to deal with the problem. There have been several threads on this if you check the search function. Hope this helps.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
rollie41
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6844
In manual mode the side two buttons only effect the rear two cylinder's, the front two are tied together and just kind of rock together or balance each other ( they are tied together). You can retract or extend either rear side separately or both sides together.

Another thing to remember is the system has to sense the front of the trailer up or higher than the rear for the level up command to work. so if you want to re-level just retract both rear sides a little and hit level.
rollie41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #4
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
here is lippert's phone no. they will actually talk to you. (574)-537-8900

i googled and here are lots of websites to look at:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lipp...ient=firefox-a
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Thanks guys for the info. Will try re-leveling it tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:36 AM   #6
hickory
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13170
Our 3400RL has a decal showing the operation of the level up system. We also experienced the popping noise the first 3 or 4 times we were out, but it went away by itself. I exoect there was a little air in the system which worked its way out after repeated use. Enjoy!
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I re-leveled the rig yesterday and it seems a lot better. Just got a few pops afterwards but not as bad as before. Most of the shaking is gone now too. Figured the jacks settled some and allowed more weight on the wheels.

Thanks again for all of the good advice!!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ours is popping like crazy this morning here in Florida. It was chilly this morning at about 55 degrees and it hs been warming up very fast with a very bright and hot sun beating on the Montana. we can hear the popping inside the Montana. I think the rapid changes in temp have something to do with it???
I just checked the level it has not been affected.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote