Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #21
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Good news, Keystone has agreed to the replacement of the countertop. We called Capital RV in Bismarck today and got the good news. It will take a few weeks for it to get here. DW talked to the service tech and I am not sure if they have one on hand or have to make it.

You guys are a great bunch here, thanks for all the help!! It was a fiberglass top not corian, I apologise for the mix up.

Happy RVing

The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #22
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
My dealer notified me today that the corian people were out last Friday and repaired the big chip(4 inch chunk). He says you can not see where it broke off. We'll see??? I have not seen it yet since it is about 80 miles to my dealer. If it looks good and holds up I am happy they didn't have to replace it since that might have created a whole new set of problems.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #23
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Way to go, Weekenders!
This is another example of why I am going to buy a Montana; the service from Keystone!!
Good for you.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #24
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Just an update, just talked to the service rep at Capital RV in Bismarck and the countertop was ordered on Feb. 16 and should be here soon. All the other warranty work is completed. I will call down there again next week to let him know I am monitoring the situation closely. I appreciate all the great comments and help from you folks. You are great!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #25
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Good news, we pickup the Monty next Friday from Capital RV. All the warranty work is complete, the new countertop is in place and they are waiting on a decal that goes on a side compartment door on the drivers side they replaced that was delaminating. DW and I will throughly inspect all the work done but I am happy it is complete. Now we need to warm it up out there, come on spring!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #26
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Glad to hear that you were successful. Enjoy the upcoming camping season.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #27
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Weekenders

Good news, we pickup the Monty next Friday from Capital RV. All the warranty work is complete, the new countertop is in place and they are waiting on a decal that goes on a side compartment door on the drivers side they replaced that was delaminating. DW and I will throughly inspect all the work done but I am happy it is complete. Now we need to warm it up out there, come on spring!!!
Thought I heard Bismarck was closed until around Memorial Day due to snow?????
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:11 AM   #28
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Clyde n Deb

Quote:

Thought I heard Bismarck was closed until around Memorial Day due to snow?????
With all the snow this year, we'll be lucky to have a snow free ground by July 4.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #29
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
We went out to the Monty today to check up on her and, voila!, a piece of Corian was sitting on the floor. We'll follow up through the dealer and keep youse posted.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #30
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Well we picked up the Monty on Saturday down at Bismarck, gave all the warranty work a go through and everything looked great. The new countertop was exactly the way it was supposed to be. All is well now. Kathy and Dave, sorry to hear about your issue. Keep us posted.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #31
gem19562

M.O.C. #7287
We purchased our Montana 2 years ago and last year our lino cracked in the cold weather. We contacted our dealer and were told that because we lived in the north there is no warranty. We did not do much traveling last year and lived with it. This year we will have to replace the flooring because it cracked more and this year it is not livable. We are very angry especially with the price we paid for our trailer, but also the lack of service from our dealer. I suppose we had a full waiver warranty. As long as we could see them wave. I have read some of the stories here and will contact Keystone also and see what can be done. I love my trailer and this is not the first one we have owned but it is the first one we have had problems with.
gem19562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #32
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:

Well we picked up the Monty on Saturday down at Bismarck, gave all the warranty work a go through and everything looked great. The new countertop was exactly the way it was supposed to be. All is well now. Kathy and Dave, sorry to hear about your issue. Keep us posted.
Glad to hear that everything worked out for you. Now you can enjoy the camping season ahead.