Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #21
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congratualtions!!!! Enjoy your new lifestyle.

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:26 AM   #22
otto0813
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5620
Serious congratulations are in order! Whew, huh? Best wishes in your new lifestyle!
otto0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:19 AM   #23
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Dusty and Don

I got word, that the IRS, has just hired another agent, assigned him a tent camper. He is to follow you wherever you go to collect those darn taxed, can't run away from uncle sam. ha ha

oh """BRANSON IS FINE IN 2009"" Pass it on John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #24
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
John you are too funny! I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't follow us around.

Kegger, we are keeping our mosquito machine! (their agent ask our agent where they could find one and she is looking on line for them) Then they called our agent and ask her if the flat bed trailer we were selling went with the place! No way! I sold it two days ago. Still have a lawn tractor and almost new garden tiller to sell. Put it on Craigs list. Also my SUV is for sale. I really hope I get those things sold in next month. I lay awake at night thinking about
that!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #25
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Freedom is just weeks away!!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:40 AM   #26
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dusty, When we sold our home, the new buyers bought many of the things in the house. The surround sound big screen tv system, couch and chairs, bedroom set, BBQ grill, W/D, freezer, many outdoor things, ladders, tools, lawn tools, kitchen table and many more items. We held 4 garage sales to sell the rest. The first sale we had was to the neighborhood folks only, we sent flyers out. They were happy to get alot of the stuff. Then we advertised for a 10 am opening for a garage sale and when I went outside at 9:30, many people were waiting for me to open the garage doors. We had one of the first garage sales of the season. I guess people were eager to start collecting....On the final day we were giving things away and what we couldn't sell went to Goodwill...Good luck on liquidating.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:20 AM   #27
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Thanks for the advice but we live way out in country. Have tried garage sales in the past and people out here don't stop. I did sell our garden tiller this week, to a neighbor, Parked it out by the road.
Sold the flat bed trailer on Craig's list. Still have the tractor mower.
Our realtor ask their realtor if they would be interested in these things and they didn't reply. These people want everything for nothing. They ask if the flat bed trailer went with the place!! We are surprised they didn't ask if our 5th wheel went with place!!!

The washer and dryer, 2 fridges, pool table and stove, dishwasher went with the house. And some cabinets in garage.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:53 AM   #28
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Dustytuu, we know exactly what your saying we went thru the same thing when we sold two houses. The last house Delaine sold over $12,000 dollars the first day the second day (Sat) people came up and offered low ball offers and I would then raise the price, and loved the face impressions. We decide, to heck with them and the following Monday I loaded everything up that was of any value and took it to Goodwill and wrote it off our income tax. And actully made more money than if we would have sold it. Your also right the buyers think you them something, and have to sell. I also raised the price of our house also, and it sold. I am tired of freeloaders, we worked very hard for what we have and I'm not going to give it away. Hold your ground. Good Luck... GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote