Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
Tiffensdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7660
CD, cassette and vido storage --Oh My!

Man I did not know how many CD's and tapes (music and video) we had until we took them out to the Monty. Now I need some suggestions on how to store these without them sliding all over the place and still being able to access them relativley easily. I hope to store them in the cabinet above the electronics up front. (front living room)
Need suggestions on how to do it... thanks....

Tiffensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:27 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
One of the things I have done over the last few years is purchase a DVD/VHS recorder. I'm able to dub from one to the other. I choose to dub from the VHS to the DVD. DVD's simplify storages You can find a plastic box that will fit the shape and store them easily in one of the cabinets. I followed you profile and link to your home page and see that you do not have a 3400. The 3400 has a slide out cabinet for storing tapes and CD's. I plan on modifying it so that I can stack higher because there is some wasted height space.

If I ever get so many that I cannot fit them in that space, I'll get some more of those new bungies with the ball on the end and lock several CD's together to store them in a drawer or cabinet.

I have slowly done away with music CD's. For my 65th BD, my DW and children bought me an 80Gb Ipod. I have over 4000 songs on it which is about 9 days at 24 hours a day of music. Lot easier to carry around.

Good luck.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:35 AM   #3
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
WalMart carries a CD/DVD plastic container in the department that has storage containers. This tub is designed for CD/DVDs. There are two sizes. I have several I use for movies,computer programs, and storage disks. The smaller container holds about 100 disk if you use sleeves and less if you use cases. I like using the CD sleeves with the small container. http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cmArea=SEARCH
External hard drives are also an easy way to store computer files, music, photos etc. and you get a lot of GBs for the money these days.
JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote