Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2007, 02:03 PM   #21
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Thanks MOC-1. If it were not for this forum I probably would be limping around in some SOB. I didn't even own an RV of any kind back in June of 03 when I joined the MOC. I wasn't even sure as to whether I wanted a Class A or a 5th wheel muchless a Montana. September 14th of 03 Lorraine and I became the proud owners of an 04 2955RL. On October 18th of 03 Lorraine and I had sold everything and became full timers. Today less than 2 months short of 4 years we have not looked back. We are having a great time in our NEW 07 3485 Monty and NONE of this would have happened without the help and encouragement I received right here on the MOC forum.
In over 4 years as a member we have made more lasting friendships through this forum and the many many MOC rallys than we could have dreamt of. For sure far more friendships than just rambling around aimlessly without the MOC.
Over those same years I have garnered more information, advise and help than I could have ever imagined. This forum has saved me mountains of aggravation not to mention the strain that would have occurred to our bank account without it.

Having been in the Hosting and Web Design business for years I do know exactly what it costs to operate such a Forum and we haven't even mentioned the cost of the domain montanaowners.com. Having an AD free forum is expensive and having a forum with the number of categories and subjects just adds to the overall cost. I for one would never want to lose this forum.
Having the domain name montanaowners.com (which by the way is a completely separate domain) adds even more cost. Domain name registration is cheap BUT site hosting can be expensive depending on the content of the site. I am only too glad that I have the experience and more importantly the time to design, develop and maintain the site without cost to the MOC.

BTW-In another thread I was mentioned as possibly being an Admin or Moderator. This is way to far from the truth. I am the Webmaster of montanaowners.com, no more, no less. I swear to all of you on my mother's, my father's, my 2 brother's and my grandson's grave that Lorraine nor I are not now nor ever have been anything more than members just like the rest of you.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:31 PM   #22
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
We've made our thank you donation. We appreciate the Forum and all the people in it. Thanks Verle & Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:35 PM   #23
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Thank you MOC for this very well run forum.
We donated last year at the fall rally and will do so again at this fall rally.

I would also support a yearly fee to cover the cost of this forum.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:51 PM   #24
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
I have donated to this form through PAY-PAL. I hope that you have received it. I have meet a few of the MOC'S and enjoy reading this form as much as possible and proud that I belong to it.I know that Keystone reads this form because this has been told to me by workers of Keystone. Sorry that some of the dealers do not acknowledge this form. There are a lot of people that read this form that has SOB. I hope that says something about how this form is managed with professionalism. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND KEEP THIS FORM GOING.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:05 PM   #25
montymorgon

M.O.C. #7531

montymorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:45 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
As one of the very early members (I joined on the fourth day of existence) we have benefitted immeasurably from this forum and have made some very close friends. We have had the pleasure of meeting somewhere around 200 of you over the years. We already had our first Montana when I joined the forum but you folks here were instrumental in helping me solve what few problems we've had. And have saved us some heartache by cluing us to check the shackles (ours were bad), etc.

We have in the past and will continue to use the paypal donation button and also donated at the rally. I would not feel right about getting this much benefit and pleasure from this forum and not helping to support it. (still, my cost per post is very low. ) Thanks to those who run the forum. You are doing a terrific job.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:50 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Steve Sreigle said "(still, my cost per post is very low. " Is that a understarment or what...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #28
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
There is no way I could repay what this forum has provided us, but I have, am and will donate something. If I hit the lottery, MOC-1 will be a very happy person (and me too, of course ).
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:07 PM   #29
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
As I tell all the newbies: This is the Best Darned Forum on the WWW. Thank you MOC-1 and keep up the good work. I just met another MOC couple today and had lunch with them. Great information and great way to make new friends, and, after all, isn't that what life is all about - friendships?????

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Steve Sreigle said "(still, my cost per post is very low. " Is that a understarment or what...
Old 09-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #31
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
I had never been a member of a forum before and I don't belong to any other.
From what has been said about other ones, I believe that I have gotten spoiled here.
I have learned so much about RVing and about life in general.
Haven't met in person too many YET, but am sure we will over the years.
I talk to people and mention names of those on the forum. Some ask, "who?"
I say "my friend on the MOC" even though I've never been introduced.
I didn't even think about donating anything, until not too long ago I saw the link.
It looks so good, the colors and all match the MOC logo, it blends in with the page.
It didn't really stand out and I never "read" what it said.
Maybe if the "click here" were in red it might catch peoples eyes better.
We will be making a donation. I apoligize for not doing so before. We will continue
to do so whenever we can.
Totally appreciate all that you do. I know that we would not have had the same experiences with
our Montana if it wasn't for this forum.
Thank you for all you do for us. You have a really really big heart and we love you!

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #32
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We're in! Last year at the rally, this year on Pay Pal. Please send reminders once a year.

Thanks, we love MOC!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:19 AM   #33
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I joined the MOC after being on another forum asking about the Montana's and other brands of 5th wheels that we were considering at that time.

After about 2 months of asking questions and reading all the posts Sharon and I decided on our 3670RL and have not regretted it a day.

I spent a lot of time on the MOC reading and learning about the different problems to look for and the different upgrades that could be done to our Montana and one day I saw the donation button at the top appear. This was after the MOC bumper sticker was developed and offered to the members. I started thinking that if we had a MOC flag with the logo we could raise some extra monies for the forum, so I got permission from MOC to use the logo and had 100 flags made.

That was the start of the MOC wear and now we offer bumper stickers, flags, hats, teeshirts, sweatshirts, polo shirts, lightweight jackets, denim shirts, womens v neck shirts, totes, and pocket T's. All of this is to help generate support for the MOC.

By doing this I have met so many of the MOC members and to us this has been priceless.

I hope to continue doing this for the MOC for a long time coming and will always support the forum for providing us with all the friendships and knowledge that we have acquired the last few years.

Helen was right, it is OK for those of you who would like to send a check instead of using Pay-Pal. You may send it to:
Doug Henry
PO Box 217
Forestville, CA 95436
Mark it Donation to MOC in the memo area and I will forward the funds by Pay-Pal to the MOC.

Thank you all for helping me support the MOC through your purchases of the MOC wear.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:07 AM   #34
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
And thank you Doug for all you do. I know how much work is involved and you are one of those that help make this group great.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #35
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Ditto....what the others have said. I also think reminding us maybe on an annual or semiannual basis would be a good idea, especially those of us who haven't been to the rallys.
Judy
judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:36 AM   #36
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Doug and Sharon, Vicki and I also very much appreciate all you have done for MOC. And we are pleased to count you two among our friends.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #37
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Sue, Steve and Vicki, thank you all for your kind words of praise and friendship.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #38
emdavis
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4606
I didn't know about this form before I bought my 3500rl. If I had been a member I would have gotten a lot of info and would have done things different. this is a great place to get info and help. I didn't know about paypal, but I will use it now that I know it is there. I would like to thank MOC and the people that are members for all of there input to this form, It has been a tremendous help to me. I know that many have given and received help from this site. I hope everyone will help keep MOC a great site with a donation.
emdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #39
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
MOC-1, as if you need to hear one more voice of thanks and support after 4 pages of it but I have to say it any way - Thank YOU! We helped as we could at the NE rally and look forward to getting another opportunity in 12 days!

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #40
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
I would like to thank MOC-1, DHenry and all of the MOC members. We attended the very first rally in Goshen and will be attending our fourth Goshen rally in a few weeks. Although our only opportunity to meet and get to know other owners is on the web and at the rally's, we are thankful for those encounters. I am considering purchasing a new RV, and it will be a Montana as much because of this forum as the quality/features of the Montanas. As Glenn said, the MOC means the difference between Montana's and SOB. Thanks again.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote