Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congratulations Glenn!!!!!! You did it!

Are you going to change the graphics on your truck?

Brad

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #22
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Brad you might be getting black hardware but just think about that nice flat screen tv and the extra storage.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #23
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Our 3400 has the Blue Saphire interior I like everything about the look very rich looking only wish that the Flat screen came out earlier. Guess it will give me something to do when the pictures come in on this. Wonder if Montana will let us order the new set up to replace the old tube TV setup. Maybe Keystone will come out with a change over kit to do this, hint, hint, hint. Be willing to donate the current TV to some location if they did. Patience is a virtue and Keystone uses this to perfect what others have done..... Brad you will be amazed a the new look it is rather catchy..... Just savor every moment when you first see it and step through the door!

Remember the................
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:19 PM   #24
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Tom,

Originally I was dead set on finding an 2006 to avoid the new stuff, but once we spent some time in a new one to "get the feel", we really liked it. It sounds bad by describing it (black doorknobs, hinges, lights), but once you see it, it all ties together nicely and is tastefully done. We actually liked it! Hats off to Keystone for the redo.

Dennis,

Still got my fingers crossed on the TV. I imagine they have a bunch of the old ones to use up before the flat screen starts going in. It may just be in the timing.

Brad
Old 11-18-2006, 02:48 AM   #25
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
I can't tell much about the wood color from the photos, doesn't seem any darker than what I have now. Our interior is the Venetian Gold, and in the photos, I think it looks great with the black hardware. I'm not much for bling bling though, and have been known to replace chrome trim on my vehicles with flat black.
On the television issue, I'm with Brad. No great importance, just glad to have two.
Countertops, no I'm not fond of the lighter color, but it seems to make the overall look, a little bigger, cleaner, and more like the stick house kitchen.
I would have liked a darker carpet, I think this will be hard to keep clean. I have already got something on the stairs that sent Vanessa into a tailspin . We have some throw rugs down now that should help, but they are a pain in the butt, as they crawl toward the kitchen everytime you walk across them.
This looks a little confusing, let me clarify. I don't have black hardware, ours is antique bronze I think, and I don't have the lighter counters. I do have the lighter carpet, but can't tell about the wood.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:09 AM   #26
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
One thing we did do was pick up a good couch cover at Target. With the couch being 72 inches we had to settle for the 74-80 inch cover. Not cheap by any means but sure looks good and will save on the eveyday use it will be getting. That is one thing I can say about the Montana Folks is they do design their interiors to go with about any color. Oh yea..... the couch goes with the TV (topic) right....... Flat panel....LOL

Remember the.........
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:04 AM   #27
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Lonnie - boy do I know what you mean about the tailspin thing!

The flash on my camera really changes the color of the wood. You really notice how much darker it is by walking back into one of the earlier lighter ones.

Brad
Old 11-18-2006, 11:30 AM   #28
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Rich,

I am seeing the same thing, the pictures look just like ours without the black fixtures. The only thing that I see might be darker is the vinyl in the kitchen.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #29
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Colleen, I doubt it is the same, yours, I believe yours is the same as ours, a golden oak. The new color is more brown (not a good description, that is for sure! ) I thought there was less grain in the wood than in mine; or put another way, a finer grain. It is definately darker. It reminds me of a cherry or walnut, but not red as cherry can be, and not that dark dark brown that walnut can be. Very hard to see in photos, but walk into one, you will notice it right off.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:21 PM   #30
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
OK guys, here's the spill. After carefull inspection, by myself and DW Vanessa, with laptop in hand, photos on screen, we beieve our wood IS the darker color. We could be wrong though, so I have a plan. Brad,.......your first trip needs to be down here so we can compare side by side , or maybe we need to plan a spring trip to Colo., that would probably be more fun.
I thought about offering a trade with anyone not liking the black hardware, but once again .......the tailspin thing . Oh well, it was a good thought.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #31
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Carol,

Now you have my thinking that I need to go to the dealership that we bought ours from to see if they have the new cabinet color. Not sure I want to do that, look at the candy shop and you want to indulge. I still haven't settled into our 3400 as we haven't spent enough time in it. Since it is getting cooler maybe I can go camping in the pasture

Colleen
Old 11-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #32
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Lonnie - you got it! We'll meet somewhere inbetween. Course I got to get mine first. Wood might be Aspen color with clear plastic handles and shag carpet by then .
Old 11-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #33
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Hahahaha.........wouldn't THAT be cool ?? Green shag carpet, clear plastic handles, and beads for doors,.......don't forget the black light,....what a thought!
Old 11-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #34
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Groooovey baby! I'll put the scooby doo flowers on the outside.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #35
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Well now I can tell my son-in-law what to do with all that green shag carpeting they are taking out of their house. Just give me your address guys and it is yours. Been there since the late 60's early 70's. Don't forget the orange and turquoise vinyl sofa.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #36
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Hard to believe that stuff used to be COOL, lol.

Sue, I'm sorry, I'll have to pass on the offer, but thanks anyway. Maybe Brad can use it under his electric, wireless remote control, romantic mood setting awning, for artificial grass. ( Not the kind the Hippies smoked, but the kind you have picnics on )
Old 11-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #37
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sue - it's tempting, especially with the couch . Guess I better wait to see how mine is decorated.

Brad
Old 11-19-2006, 08:53 AM   #38
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Brad,

I have a plaid couch that you can have if Sues is to large for the Monty. The couch has a queen sleeper sofa in it.

Colleen