Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2006, 02:05 AM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Halloween Greetings

"I'll bet that living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween." Quote by Anonymous.

May you all have a good time today and I hope the only spirits that visit you are the spirits of good will and kindness. Take care and have fun.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:44 AM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I hate to admit it but I hate Halloween and always have. It is not the "holiday" of my childhood anymore. It is a scary world out there and I am not talking about ghosts and goblins.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:02 AM   #3
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Just got back from our bank and everyone who's working today, including the manager, were dressed up as charactors from The Wizard of Oz! Someone even brought their dog to play ToTo. They were having fun!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:29 AM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We're hanging out in our family room in the back of our house. Porch light is off!! We are tired of Halloween. We live in a neighborhood that gets many, many kids who don't even live here. Hate to be a party pooper, but it has just gotten out of hand. Been there, done that for too many years.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We went with the grandsons to downtown Bastrop. The community businesses closed off a block and had games and treats for all the kids. The volunteer fire dept were giving hay rides and one of the businesses had a haunted garage. All free and it was the place to be. Ending with a trip to McDonalds (kids choice). It sure beat going up and down the streets.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
I just got back from helping out church provide an alternate activity for the children in the community. We had about 100-150 or so. Food, games, clowns, skits, puppet shows, candy, prizes, DC players for prizes, even an iPod for the lucky winner. It was pretty cool.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:02 AM   #7
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Still a kid at heart I reckon, like seeing the "lil spooks" and all the different costumes, But a person do has to be careful now a days.
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:59 AM   #8
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Our nearby fire department, which is all volunteer, had a Halloween party, with live music, games, and a bon fire. Kids enjoyed it. We live in a rural area and this party made a lot of sense for the kids and their parents.

Heard on the news, happened in the city, a few kids had their candy taken by force by some bigger kids. This seems to happen every year! Would have been good if parents would have been with them.
Some of the kids were hurt. One was punched in the face and one of the others was cut on the hand. Forgot what the injuries to the others were. This is despicable!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:23 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We get a kick out of Halloween..True it is not like it once was.Don't care where the kids come from they are very inventive with their costumes..The little ones are soooo cute . The teenagers will take their younger siblings out and the teenagers come up with some outrageous outfits..I really enjoy it.Oh..and I remember the bigger kids taking candy from the smaller ones and that was over 50 years ago..nothing really changes.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote