Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2006, 07:28 AM   #21
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Vicki, I would also like to have a copy of yours if it is'nt to much trouble. This is a wonderful idea.

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:59 AM   #22
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Linda ... tried to email that form to you using your "email me" link, but it came back to me. Email me and I'll send it along.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #23
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Vicki, I have the same thing in my wallet/purse. I carry it mostly in case something happens to me away from Steve and the trailer. But it would also work for us if we were in traveling mode. Instead of listing a campsite and campground, I say that we are in the vicinity and have described the trailer and truck and ask them to call the local campgrounds, figuring truck logo and matching camper are hard to miss. I assume the local authorities would know the area's camps. I have noted that Steve does not hear well and ask them not to scare him with a voice mail, but to have him call someone back. We have no kids, so I listed my brother and sister in law. I also have my medical information on the same sheet. I wrote it like I would a letter, in speaking tone, so that it would be more personable to the person reading it. I really like the pet idea and am incorporating that into the one I will carry from now on. I have mine on the computer with all our prescriptions and medical records listed. That way I always have the info to take to a new doc. We also always tell the folks in the camp office if we will be gone overnight. We saw a motorhome burn last winter and the park residents were frantic that the folks were still in there. (They were not) I also keep all my "can't live without it" information in a fire safe.
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #24
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
OK.... The idea of putting emergency information in your wallet is great. Now think about this. Both my wife and I have cell phones. When you open my list of contacts the first thing to pop up is ICE (In Case of Emergency). It is my wife's cell phone. I also have ICE2 which is our stick house in AZ.

If you both travel together, it is recommended that you use a close relative as the ICE contact. Many Fire Departments and Police Departments are training their people to look for these numbers.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:14 AM   #25
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Brad ... Good point! We added the ICE info to our cell phone last year. My feeling is why not help those trying to help me in every way I can? In addition, the form in my wallet lets emergency workers know where my home is currently parked ... and, if I had a pet, it would make them aware of that information as well.

There is no wrong way to make this information available ... I'm kind of on a soapbox about this subject and it's great to hear all the different ways folks have come up with.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:48 AM   #26
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
After reading Mobilrvn suggestion about using some colorful card to put the info on, I thought it might be a good idea to print out the info on some of that shocking pink or yellow/green colored paper that I bought for the grandgirls recently. Anyone looking for emergency info in your wallet or purse would notice those colors first.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote