Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2006, 07:16 AM   #21
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Yep, I also went over and welcomed the Everest owners to the neighborhood. I also met some nice folks in their chatroom.

I think that richfaa hit the nail on the head when he said, "Two strong Keystone forums are better than one. It would not hurt to offer our good wishes and support."

I don't look at them (or the Everest) as competition and I hope they don't look at the MOC as competition. We can all learn from each other and some joint Rallies down the road will not only enhance our learning experience, they'll keep the lines of communication open and together we'll be a stronger voice to Keystone.

I love my Montana (hmmm, sounds like a bumper sticker to me!) and when we are ready to buy a new 5th wheel, I'd like to be confident enough in Keystone products to not have to shop other brands, and be able to go straight to a Keystone dealer and buy.

I hope Keystone realizes what a gold mine they have in forums like these. By watching, listening and fixing what we report will keep them in the number one RV manufacturer position. You can't buy that type of feedback. In fact, WE are paying THEM $50G apiece to let them know how to improve their products!...*LOL

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #22
Montana_5602

M.O.C. #5602
Hello Montana Owners. Just want to clear the air a bit. The statement I had on the Everest Info was not meant to mean that the Everest was any better fifth wheel than the Montana. It was actually very poorly worded, I apologize and have corrected this error. What I was trying to say (and did it poorly) was that the Cambridge was the top RV in the Keystone lineup until it was discontinued. Our website will be "a work in progress" for some time to come and sometimes I type what I'm thinking at the moment and don't realize how badly worded it was. Our first choice was a Montana 3400RL but the Everest 364Q won out due to the floorplan. Both the Everest and the Montana are fantastic trailers and I'd be happy to own either. Thanks to those of you that have come over to say hi and offer well wishes. I think we can all benefit from the sharing of information. A joint rally sounds like fun!
Montana_5602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:56 PM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
rufnit, I kind of look at it as a 3400 vs a 3500 Montana. We have no problem here with any kind of comparison rivalries. I don't expect anyone here to start doing that between a 3400 and a 344. Haven't had a chance to check the site yet, but I'm sure this will be a good thing for all full size Keystone fivers (and TT) owners.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #24
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
MIMF2,

I echo Rich, you can visit them but remember who your real "boys" are!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #25
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Ladies and Gentlemen, it would be the coolest thing on the face of the earth to have a rally and fill a campground somewhere for a week with Everests, Montanas, Moutaineers and Challengers! Awh, what the heck. Throw in some Cougars, Outbacks and Sprinters and have one heck of a Keystone rally!! I could talk about 'em all!!

And gang, have no fear! I will never forget those who have made me! Remember forum name. Someday I will make it so.
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #26
Montana_5612
Established Member

M.O.C. #5612
Hello one and all. I found the Everest site first and thanx to rufnit found this one as well. I am looking to upgrade my current rig and saw the floorplan for the Everest 344J which I liked. I went to a dealer this weekend and actually found one to see up close and personal. I have not made up my mind and am going this weekend to look at the 3400RL. They seem very similar. Has anyone else compared the two?? It would appear those with the 344J are happy and those with the 3400RL are happy too. Any comments good and bad would be appreciated.
Montana_5612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:38 PM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes we did.The 344J and the 3400 are very similar. We did not care for the Everest Dealer and we were able to get a little better deal on the 3400RL so we ordered the 3400RL.We would have been happy with either one..It will be a tough choice..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:17 PM   #28
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
chipsahoy,
Welcome to the MOC, we are glad to have you join us. I have the 3400RL and have been very happy with this coach. This is my 2nd Montana and know there will be a 3rd. I went to look at the Everest but the dealership decided I was too young to be buying an rv and would not help me. I know that at that time I was only 22yrs old and most folks that age arent looking at rv's. That was 5 years ago and after leaving that dealer I went to the local Montana dealership. They were more than willing to answer all my questions and help any way they could. Now being 27 and on my 2nd Montana, thanks to a great dealership I have not ever regreted buying a Montana. The Everest sure looks like a nice coach, but I have a pretty sour taste for them thanks to that dealership. Both the Montana and Everest are built buy Keystone and they seem to be one of the better rv companies out there. The customers do have a voice and seem to matter, and that is something that would sure make me more comfortable buying their product. Again, welcome and best of luck in your purchase.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:39 PM   #29
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
chipsahoy, cute name, by the way. Welcome to the MOC forum. We have many 3400 owners on this forum as it is probably our most popular model. Try a search and you'll come up with a lot of comments, almost all of them positive about this great floor plan.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote