Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2005, 03:06 AM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Thanks to

MIMF and Lippert Industries.

We were at Elkhart County Fairgrounds waiting for the Rally to begin in Bremen. Went to hookup and had quite a bit of clicking noise in the landing legs.

Called Dale, he had us drop by yesterday on our way home, at our convenience. They checked it all out. (Nothing found, silly thing refused to talk to us, but of course, when at the dealer all failures will digress, etc etc etc! HAHA)

Anyway, they were all very nice, gracious, helpful even tho there was nothing to fix!

Thanks guys, we appreciated your sense of humor about our failure to fail!

Bottom line: they are VERY helpful and NICE too!

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:17 AM   #2
Gonfishin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3604
Sorry to hear about your lack of problem! (so to speak) Seems thats the way things work out. Hopefully your gremlins were left back at the other campground.
Rick
Gonfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:12 AM   #3
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
I had a clicking sound in the landing gear. It turned out to be in the tube for the manual crank. The shaft would rub the sides of the tube and click and squeak. I put a little lub in there but it didn't last long. So I founds a 6" or so length of clear plastic hose (tubing) and slide it in the tube and over the shaft about 2" and it acts as a bearing. No more squeak! And it helps to hold the shaft in alignment. Left about 2" hanging out so I could remove it to insert the crank handle. Which was missing on my unit.

Does anyone have suggestions for a replacement crank handle? Or should I just look at a dealership etc?

drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:21 AM   #4
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Carol, What ended up being the problem?
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:34 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Wendell & Margaret

Case is still out to the jury, we have NO idea. Has not done it again, figures, eh??? When and if it does we will look at the tube for the manuel crank as Farmer Don has outlined, even tho the guys at Lippert did look in that area real hard as a possible noise maker. Their opinion was, there was no interference of any type in that area.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:36 PM   #6
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
CountryGuy, ours did that once and I was not sure what it was. I used the hand crank to turn a turn or two, removed the handle and went back to the electric motor and it worked just fine and have not had a problem since then. Taked to my service manager and he told me sometimes the crank gets out of line and that is what he supected had taken place. Everything is working great now.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Interesting Paul, thanks for the input!