Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2005, 02:55 AM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
It really happened

Yes!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday hooked up that big beautful thing and brought it home. The pain of writing that check only lasted a short while. No issues with either the unit or dealer. The cheap speakers even work. I'm sure we will find things as we use it. When you see one of these units at the dealer that are sitting among like sized big boxes you don't get a feel for how big they really are. Now that it is in the yard at home holy cow that thing is hugh!!.

Also had the experience of turning around on a narrow country road when I forgot to pick up the pizza on the way home. Oh well, all in the day of RVing with a 5er

Now if someone can tell me how to change my signature. Need to delete the "soon to have".

On to Shasta

Dick and Toni

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 03:02 AM   #2
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Dick & Toni

Congrats on your new purchase.I hear you about how big they look when your away from the dealers lot.Its almost crazy that you can tow these things with a truck.I wish you guys the best of luck with your rig.Have a great and safe summer.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 03:37 AM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Dick & Toni,
Congrats on the delivery of your new Montana. Always so much excitement in a post when members take delivery after the anticipation period. If you will look at the top of the page and click on "Profile" you will be able to access your personal profile and change your signature. Enjoy that new Montana!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:10 AM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congradulations on the new arrival, see you in Shasta.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
rlwhit,
Congratulations! And I still remember that exact same reaction. That thing is HUGE!!!
I can't pull that thing home.... let alone around the country. But they tow soooooo nicely and you do sort of get used to the size after a while.

See you in Shasta.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Dick and Toni, how exciting for you! I remember the feeling, also. Our first Montana and third fifthwheel was a 2880RL. I thought it huge. We ordered a 3295RK (35+ feet) and while waiting for delivery we kept on camping in our 2880. In walking around a state park with my brother one weekend we came across a 3295RK. Wow, that puppy looked huge! It was parallel to the road. The owner wasn't home so couldn't tour the inside but we walked around the outside and I kept thinking this thing is huge, I don't know if I can handle it. 30,000 miles later it doesn't seem nearly so huge. Have lots of fun with it!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Marsha and I are less than two months from bringing home our 3295RK, and I still have moments of intimidation when I stare up at it. It IS huge, especially when backing—at least for me! I have to remember the first time I looked at it with its previous owner and asking him why would ANYONE want a monster like that! I keep telling myself that time and familiarity will make it better; I suppose I simply need another 29, 500+ miles like Steve before I get there!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:05 AM   #8
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Congratulations on the new Montana. Yes, they do look gigantic!!!! We've had ours around the place for 8 months now and I still get a bit overwhelmed by the size. I can remember thinking the same thing before we got the Montana - "How can they tow such HUGE trailers?!!" But, when we are on the road, it tows so nice it's amazing. Enjoy safe travels and great adventures.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote