Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2005, 04:41 AM   #1
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Tacoma RV - Service and deals?

So now that you all have sold me on the Montana 2950RK, how many of you have worked with Tacoma RV (in Washington State). Can you tell me about their service department, how helpful they were in dealing with warranty problem, how busy they were and thus how long it took to complete the service or repairs, and their general attitude and customer service. Also how was the sales department in cutting a good deal (how much off the MSRP)? You guys are great... keep the info coming!

Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:16 AM   #2
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
As a fellow NW soon to be owner of a Montana I can only tell you that we visited their display at the Seattle RV show. A week later we went to the Monroe RV show and found the (at least the sales ) people from Foleys RV in Burlington more knowlegable and willing to discuss topics that are on this site. We did order from Foleys. Our unit will not be here till the end of April.
I guess we will both learn about service after delivery.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
I’ve been to both dealers and even asked Foley’s if they would be at any of the shows and was told they didn’t do shows so they could beat everyone’s price by not doing shows. That said I found that both places had sales persons that were in great need of learning more about the products they sell. I’ve how bought two Montana fifth wheels from South Tacoma RV, Les is the service manager and will work with you on any warranty items that you find, but you will have to show them what you’re talking about. Also they are both within a couple of hundred dollars of each other it just depends on how they cook the books. My 3400 should be in before the end of May.
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #4
Montana_2130
Established Member

M.O.C. #2130
Purchased our 3575 Montana new from South Tacoma R/V late last year and got a very good deal because it was a 2003 model and still new.
Now for the bad news.......We have been very dissatisfied with the service and quality of work done at there shop. Have had to take the R/V back several times for a problem which I ended up calling the manufacturer and fixing myself. If you have any "ad-ons", be sure and check the quality of work before you drive it home. While the seem sincere in trying to help, there knowledge seems very limited.
Les seems to be one of the only bright spots in the line-up. He seems very knowledgeable and did go the "extra-mile" with my last issue.
We are very happy with our Montana now that we are full timing and have worked out the bugs.JM2cents.
Montana_2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:39 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am over on the eastern side of Washington and just wanted to add that my dealership over here has been nothing but outstanding. I have purchased two rv's from Blue Crick RV in Airway Heights (10 miles west of Spokane.) Brian is my sales guy and has been outstanding. As far as warranty work and service, their service dept is top notch. I am probably the most anal person and these guys exceed every time. As far as price goes, I would say give them a call once you get your prices from over there. I had shopped the Seattle area before I bought and found I saved a lot more over here than in the big city. Here is the phone number as it might be worth a 15 min phone call and a 4.5 hour drive to save a bunch of money. 1-877-244-5888, again Brian W. is who I deal with and would have any member of my family or friends deal with him.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
exfuzz02
Established Member

M.O.C. #2240
Send a message via ICQ to exfuzz02
My wife and I were both impressed with the sales and service staff at Tacoma RV...The rig was spotless when picked up and everything was explained and worked when they demonstrated. Happy so far !!
exfuzz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:53 AM   #7
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Thanks to all of you for responding. We too have been impressed with their sales staff and the owner.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote