Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Memorial Day is Fast Approching

Memorial Day is fast approaching and this is what it's about, not races or sales or a day off.

A VIDEO MADE BY A 15 YEAR OLD TO REMIND US OF SOMETHING WE SHOULDN'T NEED TO BE REMINDED OF...

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #2
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
I hate it when a 15-year old's video brings tears to my eyes.

Remember, only 2 people have willingly died for you: Jesus and the American Soldier.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Great video. Thanks for the post. I've sent the link on to friends
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Great topic and living so close to Hurlburt Fld allows me to see the Freedom Birds land monthly. I always ask myself why but deep down know the answer. I asked a couple of SNCO's that worked for me as airmen, when this thing is going to end. Their response was "when we retire". At least it will have ended for them.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:42 AM   #5
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Awesome video and a great reminder of how we keep our freedom.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
To me memorial day was as a young boy walking the Cemetery on the North Side of Pittsburgh among a sea of small American flags with a bucket of small American flags with my Uncles all WW2 survivors
placing those small flags on the graves of their comrades. They told me and the young Cousins who carried the flags to never forget these forever young men who gave all. All of those Uncles are gone now and lie among their comrades. A memory that has never left me was my Uncles Ernest in front of a grave of a school mate saying....no reason, no reason, no reason. I asked him what he meant and he said there was no reason why he is there and I am here. I think that haunted him .I found out much later that they had both hit the beach at Anzio and his classmate had not survived. I think there was more to the story but those Uncles never said much.

My Uncle Ernest is the Symbol of Memorial day to me. A small sort of pear shaped guy with lisp.Son of a Italian Immigrant. Printer by trade who enlisted the week after P.H was in the thick of it. He had a box of medals that we never knew about till after he was gone. These were a great generation.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:05 AM   #7
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

To me memorial day was as a young boy walking the Cemetery on the North Side of Pittsburgh among a sea of small American flags with a bucket of small American flags with my Uncles all WW2 survivors
placing those small flags on the graves of their comrades. They told me and the young Cousins who carried the flags to never forget these forever young men who gave all. All of those Uncles are gone now and lie among their comrades. A memory that has never left me was my Uncles Ernest in front of a grave of a school mate saying....no reason, no reason, no reason. I asked him what he meant and he said there was no reason why he is there and I am here. I think that haunted him .I found out much later that they had both hit the beach at Anzio and his classmate had not survived. I think there was more to the story but those Uncles never said much.

My Uncle Ernest is the Symbol of Memorial day to me. A small sort of pear shaped guy with lisp.Son of a Italian Immigrant. Printer by trade who enlisted the week after P.H was in the thick of it. He had a box of medals that we never knew about till after he was gone. These were a great generation.
Well said.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #8
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
Wow! What a great video...it brought tears to my eyes too. Brad and Carol Lasater said it all in their statement (Remember, only 2 people have willingly died for you: Jesus and the American Soldier.) and nothing else needs to be said. I want to thank JimF for bringing this great video to our attention. It brought back a lot of good and bad memories for me about the time when I served. I hope everyone in the MOC who has never served in our armed forces views this video so it helps them understand who the American Soldier is and what he/she feels while serving this country.
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote