Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
tgrucelski
Established Member

M.O.C. #7552
New Body Silverado

Greetings All,

First post from another newb.

Couple of quick questions: Taking delivery on a '08 3400 this week, having a Reese kwik-slide installed on '07.5 Silverado HD (new body). I've done some reading the past couple of days on this and other forums and it sounds like a good number of you are using the Pullrite Superglide so I got to looking at that, making phone calls, etc.; bottom line was told there won't be enough clearance with the Pullrite as it is currently offered, they don't have an application yet for the new body style Silverado.

Box height on truck is ~21" at center of wheel well. So now I'm thinking will this Reese hitch even do the job? From what I've read there is some vertical adjustment but enough to allow for this height?

Does anyone have firsthand experience with the new body style Silverado/Sierra HD regarding the box height and what hitches will/won't work if any?

Aside from simply believing the rv dealer or hitch installer - what is the minimum allowable gap between top of bed rails and bottom of 5'er?

Thanks in advance,

T. Grucelski

tgrucelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
tgrucelski,

If my old memory serves me right, I have a tad more than 10 inches of clearance between my 3400RL and the top of the bed rails. The new GM bed is two inches deeper than the "classic" bed, not sure why the Superglide would not work for this application -- have you contacted Pullrite directly?
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
dscott
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6661
I have a Reese-kwide slide in my new chevy it works well.
dscott is offline   Reply With Quote