Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2006, 04:11 AM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
End of Trip

After 8000 miles and 5 months we are finally home, just for one day, then off to Vegas by plane for a week. What a great trip through the Northwest and West. Now have a month behind us with the new 3000RK, and it is great. My last stop on the trip was my old Fleetwood dealer as I drove into our hometown. I needed a safety inspection for the new Monty , since I bought it out of state in Arizona. I figured my old Fleetwood dealer would hassle me a bitr about changing brands, but he ushered me right to the service department for the inspection. He also advised me that he would be more than happy to service my Keystone, as long as it was a component common to Fleetwood and Keystone, like the frig, furnace, ac, etc.. I was really pleased with this, since I had excellent service from him with my Wilderness. My last surprise was whne I arrived at my storage lot. When I left five months ago there were only a couple of rvs besides mine. I pulled in and the whole lot was fukll except for my space, and I had to back it in, which I am not the most skilled person at backing. To my surprise, and my DW's, we backed it in like I really knew what I was doing. Don't know if it easy because of the Monty or maybe I am finally figuring out how to back it in. So now, itis parked before our next two weeker three weeks from now. Thanks to all of you folks for getting me through the first month of little glitches in the new Monty.

barb and bob

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:36 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Congratulations on your first great trip. May you have many more. No better way to celebrate your return home than by taking off again!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:34 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Great report!! Thanks for sharing your success. Happy RVing....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:52 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Oh wow do I wish I could take a trip like that! Someday perhaps. That was a nice offer from Fleetwood - I always had great service for my Wildnerness from the Dealer. More often than not the service department would find things I didn't know about and it would all be fixed under warranty.

Was the safety inspection a state law thing? I don't think I've heard of that before here in CO, other than just a serial number verification when buying out of state.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:40 AM   #5
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Yep, had to get the safety inspection to register it. Not much of an inspection, just made sure all the lights worked, and checked the brakes and the brake controller, as well as the tires. $13.50 for the inspection, which took about 10 minutes. Glad I had to get it done since the Fleetwood dealer andd service manager were so supportive for future warranty work.

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:54 AM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Such a great story!! Glad to hear you are really getting some great use out of your new Montana. Safe travels...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote