Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2021, 05:40 PM   #1
RACowen

M.O.C. #30247
New to the community.

Decided to join after a couple months of ending up here looking for information. This site came up a lot when doing google searches to fix the small issues so might as well just sign up.

We are Rob and Angie From south central Iowa

In any case. I as a kid did a lot of camping with my family. my wife had a bumper pull TT but sold it to her brother. So we decided to look for another one to start camping together. she wanted another smaller trailer so could town it with her truck, But as typical we didn't end up with a half-ton towable. As you get to know me, I tend to overkill everything. After months of looking (and using as an excuse to go on Sat,motorcycle rides) we kept coming back to an older Montana. We both just love the Montana trailers (although not all floor plans, but that's what makes the world work)

Our first trailer together is a 2007 Montana 3585SA and we love it. the interior hardly looks used. But as my earlier statement attests we have had some minor issues to fix, and had a blow causing other damage. I am very mechanically inclined so I can fix pretty much everything just need the information and so far this site is a gold mine.

We have only had this since Sept but I don't think either 1 of us would consider anything but a 5ver again. Still have things to upgrade or just repair before next year but lot of time to learn.

1 of the things I need to replace is the water pump so that's currently on my research list (t works but it's obvious it's getting weak)

If you haven't noticed by now, I tend to be long winded so thank you for reading.

And yes stepping up from a 24ft bumper pull to a 38ft 5th wheel is usually a big jump for people, but a little of our background is we are a truck driving team so not the typical problem many people have towing a larger trailer (we pull a 53ft dry-van with a volvo VLN760.)

Any suggestions on camping in our area is always accepted. Last year for vacation I did actually take a motorcycle road trip and visited every start park in iowa so that's our starting point.

Thanks again for reading and looking forward to getting to know more Montana owners

RACowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 06:00 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Rob and Angie,

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your rig.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 06:33 PM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Welcome to the forums and hope you enjoy your Montana as much as we enjoy ours!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 09:37 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! The Central Plains Rally is held in the summer every year, normally near Omaha somewhere, and if you can you should plan to attend.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 07:02 AM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Welcome and safe travels
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 11:25 AM   #6
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
We stayed at Red Hawk State park in 2015. It was a nice place with power and shade trees, etc. Don't remember the hookup details. Bad part was it rained the whole day we were there!

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 03:10 PM   #7
RACowen

M.O.C. #30247
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
We stayed at Red Hawk State park in 2015. It was a nice place with power and shade trees, etc. Don't remember the hookup details. Bad part was it rained the whole day we were there!

Red Haw state park is actually less then 2 miles from our house. Nice park but a little to close to home
RACowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 02:16 PM   #8
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Welcome from upstate NY and GA/SC (winter locations).
Part of the fun of an RV in making it your own.
Being a handyman and doing MOD's is a great combination, like soup and sandwich. So while you're putting it all in shape, you might take advantage and "make it yours"
And this is the place for ideas.

happy trails
jim

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote