Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Looking at new Fivers

It was a nice sunny day and we went to an RV place that had a season opening sale. We went through a lot of new Fifth wheels and we were so glad we bought a Montana. I don't want to hurt people's feelings by naming brand names but we went through a couple units today that were sale priced 20000 bucks higher than I paid for my Montana and honest to goodness, I would not trade my Monty even across for these units.

Montanas really do feel very rich inside for the price range and the more time I spend in mine, the more I like it. I have made fun of the "old world craftsmen" but they really do make an excellent RV and Keystone must have some real talent in the design dept, because a Montana really feels like home. Take care and I really missed this site when I lost it.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Don,
I cannot agree with you more, the Montana is truly a wonderful unit. I can only hope Keystone continues to produce the same quality in years to come. When I was looking to replace my Mountaineer TT, I looked at everything from $30,000 up to $97,000. I could not be happier with my purchase of a 2nd Montana.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
I agree with you Don, You would have to put out a fair amount more money to get a better unit. We have had a half a dozen little things I've had to fix, but I love to tinker around with the Monty anyways. Went down I-5 to Northern California & back up the coast over spring break and you hardly knew the trailer was behind you, even in some of the strong coastal cross winds. I Wasn't sure how a trailer with such tall large sides would be in the wind, I was pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to the upcoming Camping Season.

J & D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Right on guys. When I bought my first unit (Cougar) it had to match my old truck. I looked at the Montana's then but could not pull one. Now that I have a bigger tv and a 3650RK Monty I couldn't be happier.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:28 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I agree with all of you. This is our 3rd 5er. The others felt like campers. Our 3400 feels like home and what better recommendation can you have.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Yes, sometimes a trip away makes one appreciate home. Even though we enjoy Hong Kong, our appreciation for the States has grown. So a trip to the other side of the tracks may send you back home with a greater satifaction for your side.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:05 AM   #7
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Stiles, I could not agree with you more. Here in North America we are so fortunate compared to so many parts of the world. Take care and enjoy the rest of your stay in Hong Kong.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:38 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Every time we see an RV show we just have to attend. At every show we like to go through the different brand of 5ers. Sometimes this looking can be as many as 20 to 30 different 5th wheels and 99% of the time we come to the same conclusion..the Montana's win hands down. The other 1% are just over priced and the price difference cannot be justified.

It could be we are all just a bit prejudice with our Monty's but what else would you be when you have the best.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:53 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have no brand loyality what-so-ever. We purchase what suits us best and is the best value for our buck. When We see two comparable brands one much more expensive than the other we always try to see where the extra dollars are in the more expensive brand. Rv manufactures tend to go heavy on the "eye candy" IMHO Montana has a good balance between good construction and "pleasing to the eye' ( eye candy)Again IMHO most Rv buyers go for the eye candy with out paying much if any attention to the construction. After 3 years of research we went with Montana because we got the best value for our dollar spent. Keystones reputation among dealers was also a large factor.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:38 AM   #10
Merv
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1001
We have done the same thing. We were getting cabin fever and the camping bug. So off to the Rv shows and dealers "Just to poke around".
After looking at many, many campers and 5ers the wife summed it up like this, "There just isnt anything like a Montana"!!!
That about says it all.
Merv
Merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:32 AM   #11
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Last August was the first time our eldest son had ever been in our new 3400. The second time was in mid-September. The first thing he said on his second visit was, "it feels like home already." That is a pretty good endorsement!
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote