Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Tootucky
Established Member

M.O.C. #7909
Replacing Dining Set

Hi all! We are wanting to replace our dining table and chairs with a booth. Any ideas where to come up with one that will go okay with the wood in the Monty? The price we got from a dealer (which is where Keystone told us to get one) was over $1000. Way too much. Also, could you suggest an outlet for our set? All five chairs will be included, not just the four for the table.

Thanks,

Louise

Tootucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well Tootucky I have 4 chairs for sale at a consiment place and the best price i was offered was $20.00 each or $60.00 for the 4 .. i think i will put them in the dumperster..,, you could build a bench seat or as we did we went to a reg furniture store and bought 4 nice oak chairs and now we have comfort and half as heavy,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Not trying to change your mind, but are you aware that some members have turned the table 90 degrees to accommodate their needs. Also, others have put hinges on the bottom of the table top, so that it tips to a vertical position - it gives more room when the dinette slide is closed up. Just a thought.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tootucky

Hi all! We are wanting to replace our dining table and chairs with a booth. Any ideas where to come up with one that will go okay with the wood in the Monty? The price we got from a dealer (which is where Keystone told us to get one) was over $1000. Way too much. Also, could you suggest an outlet for our set? All five chairs will be included, not just the four for the table.

Thanks,

Louise
You might want to check out these websites. I am very interested in replacing our table and chairs. Let us know if you find anything you are happy with. The first website has a set for 599.
http://www.rvandvansurplus.com/eshop...uctCode=044001

http://www.discountvantruck.com/rvdi...livingston.htm
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
Tootucky
Established Member

M.O.C. #7909
Thanks for your responses. You have had some good ideas. But we have our heart set on a booth. We have trailers or 5th wheels since we have been married. This is our 4th fiver and it is the first table we have had. We think the booth is much more comfortable, has good storage, but most important of all we like to take our grandkids with us so we miss that extra little bed. With 3 of them under four it works very well.

Will check out that website. We may find just what we are looking for.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 11:42 PM   #6
Sandi
Established Member

M.O.C. #4207
Hi Tootucky, I sent you a pm yesterday. We have a booth stored in our pole barn that you can have. All the cushions are in the basement. Let me know. Sandi
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
Tootucky
Established Member

M.O.C. #7909
Thanks to all for your input. Sandi responded that they had a booth they had taken out of their Monty that we could have, and since we were in Goshen getting the damage from the infamous Mission tires repaired we were able to pick it up with no problem. It worked out great that we were not clear across the country when they made the offer.

We have not installed it yet because we picked it up this afternoon and planned on heading to Texas to our daughters this evening or in the morning, so will wait and install it there. It appears that all we will have to do (if we want to) is to upholster the cushions to better match our interior.

THANK YOU SANDI AND BOB!!!!

It may be awhile till we get to TX, though. When we got to Goshen the roads were slick and more snow is expected at least tomorrow, so will not leave till the roads are okay.

Ron & Nelly I checked out the websites you gave me. It did't look like a bad price, but they were a little too contemporary (ap) for me. Actually, I am pretty handy with woodworking and Jack had just about talked me into building one when Sandi contacted us, so I really got lucky. In the stick house I had a nice woodshop and some nice tools, but fulltiming we obviously don't carry that many tools.