Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Troy AL

Coming south this week from Illinois to Florida we did the Rt. 231 in order to avoid I-75. I actually enjoyed Rt. 231. It had been over 20 years since we had tried that route and that was in a car. The divided 4 lane was all good pavement. The stop lights were not bad as long as you stayed at or 5mph below the speed limit. I barely touched my brakes on the entire route by just anticipating what was going on in front of me. We were very impressed with Deer Run RV Park just north of Troy AL. It was very clean, neat, and extremely friendly. We paid for two nights so we could take a little break. That evening we discovered that Troy could possibly be in the path of some nasty weather the next night with tornado warnings and such. We decided to take off early the next morning and head for Ocala Florida. When we left the office was not open. The DW called them later in the morning to tell them we were gone. We did not expect to get any type of refund but the park said we would have a one night credit whenever we wanted to use it. It was only $27 but the gesture of giving us the credit will bring us back to a very clean, friendly, and honest park.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Doberman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10587
Did they still have popcorn or hot chocolate for you when checking in???? Since I go down 75 now, I wish they were on that route!!!! Good people.
Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Sounds like a great park. We'll put it on our list if we're ever down that way.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #4
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Doberman

Did they still have popcorn or hot chocolate for you when checking in???? Since I go down 75 now, I wish they were on that route!!!! Good people.
Yep, they fixed the DW a Cappuccino. Didn't see the popcorn.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:51 AM   #5
Lack of HP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13008
good to hear. go that way all the time from Missouri. Hate to go 75, great to hear 231 is not bad. Looked at this mapped out several times but was not sure with the 4 lane divided road. have entered this in my I Phone info now so always good someone tries it and post good experience. I go that way at least 3 times a year ( grand kids ) so this will help. thanks Joe
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:33 AM   #6
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lack of HP

good to hear. go that way all the time from Missouri. Hate to go 75, great to hear 231 is not bad. Looked at this mapped out several times but was not sure with the 4 lane divided road. have entered this in my I Phone info now so always good someone tries it and post good experience. I go that way at least 3 times a year ( grand kids ) so this will help. thanks Joe
You are welcome. We have already mapped out our return trip in April from Ft. Myers to Peoria Illinois. It will be back up Rt. 231 with a stop at Troy and then Nashville. Scott (PackerFan) has given us an idea for a campground to check out in the Nashville area.