Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Cocoa Mulch - Can Be Dangerous To Dogs

This is older news, but I have not seen the topic on a forum.
A state animal Poison Control has information on Cocoa Mulch.

Since many of the CG's we stay have have mulch for landscaping, it may be important to know about this and keep our furry friends from eating any. I don't think a little bite will hurt them, but if they were allowed to "graze," it could be bad for them.

On another topic, while at the VA hospital yesterday the PA System announced that the owner of a red pick up truck in lot one was to return to his vehicle with two dogs in it and put the windows down. Yesterday was 78 degrees around here. Wish I had seen the truck. I think he would have had a broken window, or better yet, I would have called the authorities. Texas frowns on that.

Since it's my thread, Also, Texas, Galveston County at least, has a law that any animal riding in the back of a pickup truck has to be tethered to keep it from falling over the sides. Having worked for a veterinarian for 9 months or so, I saw a couple dogs brought in that were raw from being dragged down the highway when they were just tied in the back and not tethered properly.

Anyhow - for what it's worth to you.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I think it would be fun next time you hear an announcement on the PA about some nimrod doing that to get a whole LOT of people to head out to the truck, then kick the crap out of that owner for being such a knumbskull... Then you gag and hogtie the person, throw them in the truck, keep the windows up and leave the idiot there for a few of hours. Unfortunately you gotta find a place for the dogs.

It's amazing with all the media awareness of this, how much it still goes on! I never worked in a vet's office (I don't think I could take the carelessness very lightly), but I have seen dog carcasses on the highways, just wondering what happened to them, since they didn't look like they were "run over". I can only imagine. Aghhhh...
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote