Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2007, 02:30 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Interesting event

I saw a strange phenomenon yesterday at a Flying J. Four Montanas and a Mountaineer were all stopped at the same place in Tennessee, about twenty miles east of Crossville, lined up for fueling. It was worth the wait for $2.639/gal. diesel.

All of us were a bit "cross" with a motor home driver who decided to spotlessly clean his enormous wind shield after fueling and before pulling up for the next rig.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:53 AM   #2
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Stiles,

We met that same guy washing his windshield in California, he is getting around!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That's why I don't really care for Flying J's rv fuel pumps. Too long a line and inconsiderates. We had to wait on one while a guy with a slidein camper backed up to the dump station to dump his portapot and totally blocked both fueling lines. And he was in no hurry, either. He was at a 90 degree angle to the fueling lanes and so close to the pumps nobody could get around him.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
I hate Flying J. Just today I stopped in Rawlins,WY and had to wait on a cowgirl to water her horses in the trailer before pulling out. It was to good to see a "horses HEAD" at the fuel island for a change.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
bigmurf,
I've been in the same Flying J on numerous occasions over the past seven years and my experience has been just the opposite there--no line, no one filling their construction trucks, etc. However, I've been in other Flying J's where the people are really inconsiderate by bringing in their construction trucks and filling their storage tanks when they should be going through the truck lane where they can pump the fuel much faster. I questioned one of these types of guys one day and thought I was going to have to defend myself with a hammer. He said it was none of my "d--n business where he pumped his fuel." I didn't argue with him but did report it.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:29 AM   #6
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
I have generally found Flying J's to have the lowest price and little problems at the RV islands. On our last trip did stop at South Beloit, EXIT 1 on I-39. Old guy in Motorhome completed filling then went in to pay before moving out of the way and then when he came back he decided to dump. I kept my cool, but I was tempted to get out and ask him how long he had been RVing and did he normally act like an idiot. But life is too short to let people like this get on your nerves. Because the Dodge can take the larger noozles I will pull into the truck islands most of the time. I am carefull to pull out of the way before paying. I did have one experience when a trucker blocked my exit as he did paperwork.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Man the road rage on this board. I would like to agree that most people who frequent the "Flying J" are fueling/manor etiquette idiots...but not everyone can be as perfect as myself.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote