Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2007, 04:47 AM   #1
Horseman

M.O.C. #1701
Traveling from Denver to West Yellowstone MT

In mid July I will be traveling from Denver, CO to West Yellowstone, MT and staying at the Grizzly Bear RV Park. Have read other posts and it sounds like a great park. I am planning on going through Yellowstone Park to the campground using the south entrance. I will be coming up US 287 from I 80 then through the park. Is it a difficult route pulling my Montana 3650RK? I will be staying in Dubois, WY for 2 nites then I will have 150 miles for one day. Any comments????

Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
While it is doable to drive through the park, it will be very slow. slow. slow. We have pulled through but would go out of our way to go around if we have a choice. People are stopped along the road for the bear jams (or moose, or buffalo, or sheep etc.) and you just have to either join them or go around them. There is not always room to go around.

The drive through the Tetons is awesome. Do plan on spending some time there if you can.
We will be in Yellowstone from the 9th - 17th. Let us know if you will be there at that time. We have reservations at Grizzly too but hopefully we will be cancelling those and staying with friends at the Employee Campground inside the park.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
We traveled that way year before last and the trip through the Wind River canyon is great.
We stayed a week at the Riverside Inn and Campground in Dubois and that was fair. The fuzz from the Cottenwood Trees was everywhere, Only had 98-99 volts for power and the owners ran lawn sprinklers day and night so we had very low water pressure.
The trip across Togwotee Pass is not a bad drive except the day we crossed they were paving about a mile from the top and we had to set in line on the steepest part and wait for the lead truck.
All in all it is a beautiful trip and you get see the Tetons and Jackson Hole from up high.
Hope you have a great trip.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote