Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
North Dakota-T. Rosevelt Nat'l Park

We'll be heading to Theadore Rosevelt National Park from Devils Tower, Wyoming and would appreciate feedback on campgrounds.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Life is sooooooooooooooo good.

From the Black Hills....

Jo-Anna & David

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
If you are at staying at the Southern end of the park there are two campgrounds right in Medora. What a wonderful little town. I don't know how late in the season this goes on but every night during the summer they have a "fork fondue" up at the top of a hill with a beautiful view of the park. The fondue is 50 gallon barrels filled with boiling oil and they but rib eye steaks on a pitch fork and drop them into the hot oil. While you go through the line getting the rest of the food, your steak is cooking and ready by the time you get to the end of the buffet tables. While you are eating, there is usually entertainment on stage. Just an awesome fun dinner. This is followed by a musical show in an atrium theater, with the theme all about Teddy Roosevelt. I do hope it is not too late in the season for you. It has always been a wonderful evening for us no matter how many times we go there.

The town of Medora is real cute too. In the winter it has 100 residents but during the summer there are thousands.

If you go to the Northern Park which is about 50 miles North of the interstate, you can stay right in the park campground. They have several sites that the Big Sky will fit into. No hook-ups but we loved it there for a couple of nights. That end of the park is quite different than the south end.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:23 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That NP is on my list of places I really want to see but have not yet seen. I will watch this thread closely. Also, I'd appreciate your comments on the NP as well as the CG after your visit.
Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote