Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
O2 Therapy

Any longtimer - fulltimer Monty folks out there on Oxygen therapy? If so, how do you handle logistics for refill on the road?

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
You should be able to get the bottles filled at any gas place. Just get a RX from your DR. Do you have an O2 machine so you don't have to use up the bottles as fast? If not you could look at getting one of those also. Dr orders, medicare or ssi should pay for most of it.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thanks Jsmitfl,

Guess I never thought of just having the cylinders filled on the road rather than exchanging them. I do have the condensor machine that will work in the Monty. Just need something for the car and outside activities which will require refillable cylinders.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:35 AM   #4
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Also don't they make a smaller condensor you could get for in the vehicle. Then work it off an inverter? Not sure how much juice they pull.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:09 AM   #5
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
Brad:

If you have your O2 from a national Durable Medical Company (IE: Apria / Lincare) .. you can make arrangements with your local office to receive your refills from another office while your on the road.

rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
You can match a small inverter with the power requirements of this unit:
http://www.healthoxygen.com/pdf/Sequal.pdf
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:39 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ray - I wish would have gone with Apria, as they are a larger company. Mine is Preferred Homecare and they are focused southwest. The refill gets a little complicated across companies as it is a prescription.

However - OZZ - the machine you show actually will run on 12V as well. Thanks for pointing that out, as I started asking the questions and my rep came up with another version of a 12V portable called Open-Aire Inogen One http://www.open-aire.com/inogenone.html This one is similar but smaller. It will run for a while on battery, but also runs continuously on 110VAC or 12VDC. I can even take it in the boat (if only I could get a hose long enough to waterski! ) They will provide it to me for travel whenever they have some available. I will have one for our vacation north next week.

Kind of ironic - lighting all those cigarettes through the car cigarette lighter and now it's used to power the lung.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Brad, do you have emphysema? Was it the smokes?
Don't like to hear that about my buddy Brad.
Ozz
Old 07-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Yeppers Ozz. I didn't even know until went in for some testing. Quit the smokes and hopefully with some healing and airway management the O2 will go away. Too young for this nonsense - I still have little kids!

Lack of smokes may explain my short tolerance lately (hahhaa)
Old 07-18-2007, 01:20 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good luck with it, I know the nicotine addiction can be stronger for some, than heroin. My good buddy Bob Manske was severely addicted, he kicked it....and is still married!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:47 AM   #11
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Brad, my sister can still water ski. She has a small tank she puts in a small backpack. When she goes fishing everyone fights over who's boat she goes in. The reason being when those minnows start coming to the top of the bucket she just drops that hose down in the bucket and they perk right up. So as you can see it's not all bad. Hope things go good and you heal up soon.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:56 AM   #12
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
hahaha - another good use for oxygen.