Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
DirecWay Internet system for sale

A friend, who just replaced his DirecWay Internet system with a local wi-fi system, has the equipment for sale. It includes the dish, antenna, and the model DW-6000 modem (the same one that HamRad and I have).

This system has been in use, with no problems, but he is taking advantage of a new local service that offers greater speed at lower cost. Since he doesn't travel, he doesn't need the DirecWay.
He is offering it for $100 plus actual cost of shipping. Estimated shipping weight is under 50 lb, but since both units are currently mounted, it'll be a little while before I can confirm that.

Ask around, this is a great way to get Internet on the road!

PM me if you want it or have questions.

I also have the OPI meter, used once, for sale for $75, which includes shipping.
Here's a description of it: Outdoor Pointing Interface - OPI - An installer's tool that relays the signal strength and cross polarization values from the computer over the cable to the dish. Makes it easy to adjust dish when there's just one person, even easier when there are two (no yelling back and forth or using radios or cell phones). Includes filter, short jumper cable, and manual. Check it out at www.dustyfoot.com.

Bob

firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
Rex & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #99
What is the cost of the monthly subscription? How does it perform under the trees?
Rex & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Rex & Mary,

The subscription is $60/month for the "home" data rate of 128 kbps upload and 500 to 700 kpbs download. Higher speeds can be had for more money, of course.

It doesn't work well with moderate to heavy foliage cover. The cost of the Datastorm system, which mounts on the trailer, was prohibitive, and the flexibility of the tripod system for setting it up in a clearing was attractive (cost really did come before flexibiity, though).

I've gotten the setup time down to anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes, mostly dependent on how fast I can get the tripod plumb and how quickly Sharon wants to get on the Internet.

Bob
Old 02-18-2006, 05:54 AM   #4
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Well, the Internet system has been spoken for, but the OPI meter is still available to anyone that needs help setting up their dish.

Thanks for your interest,

Bob
Old 02-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Since no one had any questions about the OPI meter, Sharon put it on the RV Internet by Satellite forum, and it has sold.

Bob
Old 02-23-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Just my luck. Out of town when you first posted. I guess it is better luck next time.
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:41 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
No fair!!! While I was off having a heart attack you sold a OPI meter that I would have loved. And I wasn't even having fun! If you ever hear of another please email me.
Happy trails.............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:42 PM   #8
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Dave, isn't that always the way it happens...you miss one or two days on the boards and all sorts of things slip by you.

Sue, and it wasn't fun hearing about your ordeals. We hope that's taken care of things for you for the next decade or so. I'll put you on the short list for the OPI meter should this deal fall through. I'd love to be able to think I had something that might make you feel better in some way.

Bob