Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
Documents

What important documents do you take with you when you travel, like passports and medical papers.

Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We ave our passports, birth certificates, and marriage license. We used to carry our late dog's vaccination card as well.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We have had a "bail out bag" since the 2nd year on the road. It has insurance papers and passports and birth certs. Everything that would be in a home desk. We had some near miss sessions with severe weather so we made the bag and keep it right next to the front door. We added some important meds and pertinent medical info also.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I hadn't even thought about the dog shot records! That is a great idea! We don't fulltime so we just carry the normal stuff you would have in your wallet...driver's license, medical cards, etc. I didn't even think about keeping them close to the door. Good point for safety.
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We have our passports and some cash in the car (just in case of fire in the rig). The rest and the animal records are in the rig.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #6
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
We have a three ring binder with the see thru sheets. We keep all our stuff in it, Passports, BC, dog papers, insurance, even keep various passwords documented there. we call it the travel bible.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #7
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Since we spend 5 months in florida, we take a briefcase of all critical documents, all stated above, plus vehicle titles, key telephone numbers, extra checks, extra credit cards, and other critical documents we would not want to lose if the house goes up in smoke.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #8
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
we have passports in secret? lock box under bed , any chance the box is also a fire box?
why marriage papers
why birth certificates
we got dog rabies in case we do mexico
if info in trailer - worry about fire
if in truck worry about fire, theft, break-in --
mikey
thekennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Passports (no need for birth certificate or marriage papers), vehicle and trailer insurance & registration kept in TV glove box, pet documents (license & medical records - rabies, bordatella, lyme disease along with other shots) kept in a pet specific travel bag carried wherever the pets are located (TV, RV, boarder, etc.)

We also keep any maintenance, warranty & records for the TV in the glove box and the same items for the RV in a large binder along with all user manuals in the RV itself.

I think thekenneys bring up some points of concern and I think about these all the time, but I also live with the concern of getting my wallet or my wife's purse stolen or destroyed too. We hope for the best and don't particularly do anything special but we don't flaunt nor try to attract too much attention. If we travelled more often we'd probably Fort Knox our stuff in better fashion.

I hope I remember everything we travel with, but you are right in that there is more to keep track of besides passports and medical records.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote