Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
Patty Sampson

M.O.C. #7186
Kitchen sink drain

Hi Fellow Montana owners!
This is my first post, but I've been reading the forum for a while. We just purchased a 2005 2955 a few weeks ago. It is in mint condition, and we have had some fun times, but lots of things to learn.
The double kitchen sinks won't drain. I tried a plunger, and everything else I could think of.Is it possible that there is an air lock? We have been very careful about keeping food out of the sink. It is parked at an rv park now, and we go back and forth to use it when we have a bit of time off. I am hoping that one of you knowlegable owners will give us some ideas, so that we don't have to take it back to the dealer. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. P.S. shower, bathroom sink, drain perfectly.

Patty Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Did you check this thread??
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=23467

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
skbstone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7371
Not sure about your particular model, ours is a 07' 3400. We too had to search for the 3rd handle. It isn't even close to where the Black and grey tank handles are. It is hidden under our middle slide above the tires. You should have 3 handles to pull.

Sharon
Yantis, Texas
skbstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
The 2955 handle is right in front of the front axle close to the frame which is for the galley (kitchen).
Bob
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
First, I would make sure the galley waste tank is drained. The drain valve is just behind the street-side front tire. It is possible that you may not know this as it is not with the two drain valves behind the basement door. Secondly, I would disassemble the trap in the drain line below the sink. Thirdly, I would insert a snake down the open end of the drain to dislodge anything. Fourthly, I would hope that someone that knows more than I do chimes in.
Ken
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
OOP's, I see I am a day late and a dollar short with my response. Somehow, when I clicked on the thread, the only thing that came up was the originators question with no responses. Patty, I hoped you got it fixed. Let us know how it turned out.
Ken
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
WELCOME Patty to the MOC Family.

I had an 04 2955RL and if it hadn't been for an MOCer in Pidgeon Forge I probably would have had the same problem you are experiencing. I already had the rig 2 weeks before getting to Pidgeon Forge. Fortunately we don't do a lot of cooking and the gally tank wasn't that full.
As others have already explained there is a 3rd valve for the galley. Our dealer, Myers Rv in Syracuse, NY saw fit not to tell us about this hidden valve handle. On our 29955 the valve is on the left side on the frame and hidden between the front and rear axle. Making it even more difficult to find is the slide. Once the slide is out you have to crawl under it to find the valve. You may want to get a flashlite to help find it. You can use your awning rod to pull the valve out and if your awning rod is stiff enough you can also use the rod to push it back in.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:24 AM   #8
Patty Sampson

M.O.C. #7186
Thank you to all of you great Montana owners that shared your expertise about our sink drain problem! I am heading out with my granddaughter to spend a few days in "Monty". I will use the information I got from all of you, to search out that drain. This forum is a great resource, and again, I appreciate your responses!
Patty
Patty Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote