Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
mdmarmd
Established Member

M.O.C. #20369
New Owner of Montana Montana 2017 3720RL

I just purchased a Montana 3720RL and its being cleaned and detailed for towing up to Lake Almanor.

I had a 2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential that was flooded in 2/2017--inch of water over the carpet for three days. Took it to Redding RV and asked if there is wet insulation under the floor because I was told this had to be attended immediately. The shop said I had NO insulation under the floor! Seemed odd because the original owner paid $80,000 for it new and it was all season--but what did I know. Got it towed to the Lake in May and my friend said, "There has to be insulation under that floor." Crawled under, cut open the vapor barrier and there was saturated insulation that gushed water when squeezed. The shop left it sealed against the floor for three months! Big hassle with Liberty Mutual but finally got settlement for $42,000 yesterday and bought the Montana the same day.

I need some help on finding instructions for how to work the automatic leveling system because the manuals they gave me didn't include anything about that and I need to be sure I can work them when I get it up to the lake next week.
mdmarmd is offline   Reply With Quote