Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Southeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #21
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
I'd like to put in words for full hook ups....guess I am just spoiled that way, but if the group decides, well we would not miss out on a Monty get together!
Judy do you know anything about Deer Run, that park just north of us?

Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:10 AM   #22
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Has anyone camped at Twin Oaks RV Park in Elko, Georgia? It gets a very good review and seems to have all amenities. Located two hours south of Atlanta and two hours north of the Florida coast, it would be fairly central to all routes out of Florida. Apparently they catered to camping clubs and they are a Passport America campground, rated the best campground in Georgia. There are only 72 sites, but if we got reservations early, that should be enough. Any opinions? I haven't spoken with the campground yet, but plan to talk to them about the end of March, beginning of April time frame. Appreciate any thoughts you might have. Full hookups and free WiFi plus a gathering room for free.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:33 AM   #23
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Okay, Gang, I just took the plunge, no strings attached. I spoke with the manager at Twin Oaks RV Park, listed under Elko, Georgia at campgroundreviews.com. They are used to hosting camping clubs and have the weekend of March 31/April 1, 2006 open. So I will start another thread about signing up for our meet and greet weekend. I will be the contact person but want to stress that this is a very casual get-together and everyone is responsible for their own reservation. If anyone would like to volunteer for setting up a special activity, please speak up. The manager said that there is a lot to see in this area and it should be a wonderful time of the year to be in south Georgia.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote