Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2023, 01:46 PM   #21
imolared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21609
Thank to all who replied

I re-connected with the Li battery company and was told all is good with my Power Converter System. Just change the switch to Li.

B U T , it was suggested that I confirm that the Jaboni jpp-scc-30 has a LiFePO4 capability. So, got out the manual section 3.5 Configuration of the controller, states to choose position 7 for LiFePO4 batteries, and (see the software page on our web site).

New issue: www.jabonipowerproducts.com does not exist. Calling the listed phone number answers "Future Sales - Future Solutions"
Well, https://fsi-sales.com/ web site has solar but NO mention of Jaboni.

I would conclude Jaboni no longer exist.

Does anyone have better intel?

imolared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 05:10 AM   #22
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelders25 View Post
Can you help us out here, what are we missing?
V/r
Here's what I have learned from researching articles on Lithium batteries:

Lithium batteries use different chemicals therefore the voltages are different. A lead acid battery, fully charged, will have a charge of about 12.6 volts, compared to a Lithium battery with about 13.4 volts. They need to be charged differently...the bulk/absorption/float settings for Lithiums are different than lead acid. If you simply replace older batteries with Lithiums, the older charger will never get to the charge level Lithiums need to get full performance. Since the voltages are different, your monitoring system will have to be changed....if your gauge shows 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and Full, those readings won't apply to a Lithium battery. Lithiums have a narrower range of operating temperatures, charging/discharging outside those ranges can permanently damage the batteries. Charging temperatures are typically 32 to 113 degrees. Lots of RVs might spend weeks below 32 degrees.

If you opt for Lithiums, be sure they come with a Battery Monitoring System (BMS), known as the 'brains' of the battery. It is supposed to help with some of the issues noted above.

No doubt Lithiums are here to stay, but after researching them, and their cost, I opted for AGMs. In the years ahead, I can see Lithiums, but not yet.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote