Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2023, 08:52 AM   #21
ColoradoKampers
Established Member

M.O.C. #23213
Since my original post back in March, we recently turned the service back on for a month-long trip that included Gunnison, CO, Heber City, UT and some off-grid Colorado State Parks. I have to say, I'm totally pleased with the ease of set-up and performance. Even in what I'd call questionable treed areas, it performed flawlessly.

To answer your billing question. Each account has a fixed billing date - in our case it's the 7th of each month. When I restarted on June 3rd, they prorated a bill from the 3rd to the 7th ($15) and immediately enabled the service. Then on June 7th they sent me the full monthly bill of $150. To prevent further billing, beyond the 1 month period, you can cancel service as soon as you receive that 1 month bill and it will operate until the next cycle, in this case July 7th. Related to the "2 week" question. I've not tried turning it on, paying the prorated bill and then cancelling prior to the next billing period. My assumption is that you will always pay the $150/monthly, but I've not actually tried that scenario.

Days in the RV - 2020:181; 2021:167; 2022:161; 2023:173
ColoradoKampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 11:54 AM   #22
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
Our billing starts on the 2nd, ends on the 1st of the next month. This year we also had a prorated bill when we enabled the service mid-month and paused before the start of the next billing cycle. However, at least once during 2022, I enabled service mid cycle (for example on the 24th and at the time, the app would say it will go to the 23rd of the next month) - basically a 30 day service from the point of start. I usually enable service the day I arrive at the campsite bc of how I understood the 30 day billing worked. It looks to have changed to prorating - maybe others can chime-in.

For your 2 week example, I think (guessing) it's possible to get 2 prorated bills IF your 2 weeks were each within separate billing cycles. Worst case it doesn't.

We've never seen or hit a data cap. Here's a link to one article that states bc RV Starlink can get deprioritized and runs slower, you don't have a cap. Others might know more about this.

https://www.rvtravel.com/starlink-an...rsy-rvt-1078b/
LeftOverParts is offline   Reply With Quote