Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
I wonder if Keystone even reads these posts!

I just got a 31rld TT on 8/15/06. While it seems to be a pretty good unit, so far I have had to rebuild the framing for the kitchen drawers so the drawers don't fall out of their slides, adjust the LR slide (and also tighten the bolts on both slides that some knothead left loose) and try to get a manual for the Ventline Northern Breeze fan (good luck, my dealer doesn,t even know anything about them). The fan stopped working and I discovered that disconnecting DC allowed it to reset. There is an unmarked fuse in my fuse panel that supplies DC to the fan and it can be pulled to reset the fan. Additionally, putting a winterizing kit on the water pump became a job from hell. There is no room to work and the pump was covered over by a finish panel which needed to be cut. Next, I will be redoing the bathroom door frame which is not true. Of course the factory folks just bent a hinge to get the door to close. The skylight in the shower could also use some redesign so as not to allow so much heat into the unit. I guess that I should have discovered these things during PDI but there is just so much a person can look for.

2002 GMC 2500HD Ext cab 4x4, D/A, Bilstiens, Hellwig rear sway bar, air lift w/in cab control
2007 Mountaineer 31RLD TT
Zodiac 10' w/4hp mercury

ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
To answer your initial question, no telling. However, if I was a senior manager at Keystone I'd have somebody reading this list every day. They could gain a great deal of insight by following what we say and what problems we are having with their rigs.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
From what we were told by those in the know Keystone does indeed read this forum but never responds.
It has been noticed that some of the ideas expressed on this forum have become reality.

Placing a complaint on here in all probability is not going to be responded to at all. You need to contact Keystone direct and the best way to do that is by phone.

Here's all the info you need for that contact..

Phone:
Customer Service hours:
Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM and
Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (EST)
(574) 534-9430 (Local)
(866) 425-4369 (Toll Free)

Some have Emailed with some success but many have not.
The best contact would be by phone where you will be speaking to another human being.
It is very very important that when you call you keep a very cool head and treat the individual on the other end with the same respect you would want.

Glenn
Montana Owners Home Page
RV Related Links

Glenn and Lorraine
M O C - 4 2 0
WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Click on either of the above for a larger image
We are using a 2005 White GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Extended Cab, Short Bed, 4X4
with the Duramax/Allison Combo and Firestone Ride-Rite air bags
to drag around our 2004 Montana 2955RL 32'
using a PullRite 16K SuperGlide Automatic Sliding Hitch

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"

You know you are retired when you wake up in the morning with
nothing to do and go to bed at night with it only half done.

BUT, Keep in mind, doing nothing can be a very
tiresome job because you can't stop to rest

Click on the Flags for the Forecast
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:27 AM   #4
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
I didn't write as a complaint. More of a log of the problems I encountered so if Keystone DOES read these posts, maybe they will get their crap together. Thanks for the comments though!

2002 GMC 2500HD Ext cab 4x4, D/A, Bilstiens, Hellwig rear sway bar, air lift w/in cab control
2007 Mountaineer 31RLD TT
Zodiac 10' w/4hp mercury
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:21 AM   #5
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
ARJ...I had to rebuild the bunk room drawer frame in my 319 BHD Mountaineer. The back of the drawers fell in on my second trip out. It was so flimsy I could not believe they built it like that. Too bad it seems to be the norm for at least the Mountaineer line. Hopefully someone does read this from Keystone so they can try to correct these issues. Maybe we are saving other consumers down the road from the same problems...who knows??

Me, "outnumbered" by three red heads...my dear wife
& 2 DD's, plus Sam & Taylor the yellow camping labs.
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4
8.1L big block/Allison
06 Mountaineer 319BHD w/Trailair Pin Box
AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:34 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Guys it is the same with all lines of campers go over to Rv net and look around you will note all brands, all price ranges, same issues. It is something we the consumers put up with and as long as we do nothing will change. .Some folks don't like it but I like to say the Montana line is the best of the worst.Our 3400 Montana is the best camper we have had so far and yes we had a rear drawer fall apart the other day and the panel on the bottom of the bed pulled off when the slide came out , a skilled crafsman forgot to install a wheel,and we had cabinet doors fall off and come loose and one gray dump valve was not properly aligned and bent and we have some suspicious bubbles in the roof..but they are just little things..

Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

F-350SD, Lariat, V-10,4:30 Diff, tow command Long bed, Crew Cab Dually, 06 3400RL
Mor-Ryde Pin Box

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:09 AM   #7
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Keystone does read this forum. I know this to be true from experience.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote