Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2022, 08:01 PM   #1
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Speed Limits ... just a suggestion

Have I just settled into the "ole man mode" when it comes to driving not only my truck but also my car?? I'm guilty of adding 2- 3 mph to a posted limit, but it seems any speed limit now days is just a suggestion to most drivers. 10 - 15 mph above the posted speed limit seems to be the norm in the central states just west of the Mississippi. Another observation ... There's alot less police presence both in suburban and hi-way settings to catch speeders. On the way to KCMO the other day on I-35 a compact car blew past me in almost a blur ... the long arm of the law had him pulled over just west of Beto Junction near Melvern. A short time later they blew past me again ... a bit later near Gardner, hiway patrol had them pulled over again?? Baffling ....
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote