Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2005, 11:18 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Would you be interested in a Game Day for MOCers?

When we were at our mini-rally near Zion National Park, we had a couple of fun evenings playing dominoes. There are some very competitive people on this forum! I was wondering if anyone who plans to be in the Valley in January - March would be interested in a loosely scheduled Game Day? Weekly or Bi-weekly. Nothing is planned and we don't have a place to meet yet. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested. With Bill and Ann's directory we could notify everyone week by week or whatever.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:21 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We don't know that we could make each one of them but we'd be interested.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:30 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
In my thinking, we would have to be very flexible so folks could just show up and play when they had time. The most important thing will be finding a place where we could all meet. Maybe everyone could be on the lookout for a possible meeting place and we can just plan it week by week after Jan. 1. I called Victoria Palms and they couldn't guarantee a room for long term but said that we could check on a weekly basis.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:18 AM   #4
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Would be interested. Not sure but think you can get the room at Blue Bonnet sometimes. We plan on leaving on the 12 th of this mo. Will check when we get there.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:32 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Gene. I think we will have to find a place on a weekly basis as most parks don't want a long term commitment, especially when it involves people from other parks. I think it would really be fun to see other MOCers on a regular basis.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:15 AM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Another suggestion, see if a local eatery will allow you to reserve a room once a week, or just have at different places, the Valley is like 90 miles long, that is quite a drive once a week if you happen to be staying at the other end! Mercedes, is sorta mid way, note sorta.

Also suggestion considering NOT doing on Wed and Sat (those are flea market days at Don West), and most evenings a lot of the campgrounds have activities, specially Judy, Victoria Palms where you are staying, you could go out every evening and NEVER leave the Palms! First year there, Al and I only put one tank of gas in that gas hag GMC in a month, we never drove anywhere, walked or let em haul us!

Would think that a Tuesday afternoon, or the Thursdays that we have already kinda tagged as "MOC get together" day, might be good. I don't remember the buildings at the Palms being that busy during the early afternoons, evenings, you have to reserve it EARLY, even a month early, even more.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 01:59 AM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Carol, your thoughts are right along with what I was thinking might work. And moving around would be fun as we would get to see other parks, include more people, and have various people host the afternoon. We could even have a couple of afternoons going, Tuesday at the west end and Thursday at the east end. The afternoon would be best so we'd be off the road at night. If someone couldn't make it on Tuesday, maybe Thursday would be a better day for them.

I spoke with the activities manager at VP and they are hesitant to assign the room to our activities for long term since it doesn't just involve VP residents. On a weekly basis, they sounded more willing. Carol, do you think a restaurant would allow us to stay and play games if we'd eaten lunch there? That sounds like another opportunity.

Seems like we'd need to start an email address list so we could notify everyone.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:12 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We ate one time at Golden Corral, near Mercedes, with small group, we sat for an hour or so after our meal, and they were ok with that. They have a room, you can reserve it, eat and such. You could check, they probably would let you stay for "X" hours, IF you came in with a bunch of people, all ate lunch, and go at a "down" time of the day. I am not sure they are gonna look favorably on a 6 hour lunch tho! HAHA
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:47 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Some of the domino addicts might need more time! And then you need time to recover from being punched out by other players. Did you know we have violent people on this forum????