Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
LATEST INFORMATION

G.L RALLY DATES AUG 5 to AUG 9th 2010

We are back in action. Spoke to Jeff at Camp Sandusky today. The C.G will open May 14th if it is not snowing. For those not familiar with Great Lakes weather..it could happen. The forecast for this Friday May 7th up there is a low of 35 degrees.

If you are planning on the rally make reservations now 1-800-875-1044 ask for Jeff or Cindy Then let me know.

The cut off date for MOC reservations will be July 22nd after that you will be on your own for a spot. We have a large block reserved and the C.G is in a high tourist area. We must allow the C.G the opportunity to fill the spots we do not use and give the lead time to do that.

This will be a laid back have a good time rally. We are in a area filled with huge attractions. Kelly's Island, Put in Bay, Cedar Point to name a few.
We will be going up to the C.G and finalize the Rally so stay tunned.

MAKE THOSE RESERVATIONS NOW. THIS IS GOING TO BE A FUN RALLY.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
We hope but have the house 4 sale so if something happens,,then what sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Rich and Helen

We're all signed up and have our reservation number. Looking forward to the rally.

Sharon
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are making progress. The campground is actually open now and the weather is good. Wildhorse AKA Bill Wooster& wife and Helen and I are going up to the campground Sat the 29th to hammer out the final agenda. Wildhorse lives very nearby us and has offered to help out.
We did get a call from Bill Tea, Town & Country RV in Clyde Ohio who will be doing a Wine and Cheese for us Thursday evening as part of the meet and greet. The campground has offered to do spaghetti dinners, pancake bkfst. We will keep this low key as there is plenty to do in that area. The Lake Erie Shores& Islands Visitors bureau will put together a package for us. You can see the attractions at
http://www.shoresandislands.com/
Now for those who are going from here to the Mid Atlantic rally in Hillsville,va
The distance from Camp Sandusky to Lakeridge RV resort is 457.41 miles GL rally is 5-9 Aug and Mid Atlantic rally starts Aug 11th which makes Aug 10th a long travel day. The route is nearly all interstate and turnpike with plenty of rest and fuel stops. I figure 8/10 hours on the road with fuel and rest stops. How many of us are going to nake that trip. I figure a early morning start.
We should have the final detials this weekend and will post Monday as we are leaving for the PA rally Tuesday.....On the road again.....
Old 06-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Rich,

Signed up today. See ya all there.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Rich, are we going the distance in one day? I didn't make our reservations in Va till the 11th. Should we call and change the arrival date?
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Steve.. What do you think about making the trip in one day. I haven't got a handle yet on how many will convoy down and if they want to do it in one run. 457 miles is longer than we would normally run and I figure that is @ 10 hours on the road including fuel stops. Perhaps we can use this post to get a feel on those who will convoy down and how they would like to do it.
We can do the trip in one day. It is all interstate..long and boring but not difficult. Bingo is looking at a stopover in his area which is about 2 hours from the rally C.G . The thing is there are not many places in WVA to camp over with these large rigs. I was thinking maybe a overnight at a truck stop?????? All suggestions accepted...
Old 06-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
We normally stop over at the KOA in Milton WV. We have overnighted there many times. It is a nice campgroundand can accomodate large rigs. That was my original plan.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We finally got on board with feeling we can commit to Great Lakes Rally, figured the other was a no go for 2 reasons:

1.) too late to make reservations

2.) there is NO way we will do a 457 mile run in one day. That is a minimum 2 day for us.

Only reason I am responding, is that if we do back to back rallies again here at the MOC (and, I LOVE the idea), would beg that organizers give us 250 mile days, ONLY 250 miles.

There are a few of us that have health issues that limit us, and, mmmmmmmm the majority of us are retired (sorry Bingo! LOL). Go back and read posts that deal with how many miles do you drive a day, and the majority of us state 250 miles a day and sometimes less. Then, we plan rallies that mandate longer runs.

Just ask that we think about it, thanks.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ripley W. Va has the Jackson county fair grounds with lots of sites as long as the fair isn't that week. They have some pull thru and lots of back ins.
Approx 190 miles from Hillsville Va making the first days drive around 280/300! Should we be thinking of calling to see when the fair is?
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is no commitment to anything. It is early in the planning. Don't even know how many will convoy and although 33 signed up only 16 have made reservations thus far. We will look at the campgrounds suggested and others and provide alternatives.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Steve..Is that at I-77 exit 138 I think. Jackson County fargrounds. We have been there for a rally and it was on my "list". I have it as 265 Miles from Sandusky;; Also the KOA at Milton. Have also stayed there. Have it as 335 miles from Sandusky. I will call check out the camping. Finally got my new PC working and transfered all the files from the old one.. Check here in a couple of days.....