Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2020, 02:36 PM   #1
Billyj571
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26029
Led Lights

Has any one installed led light to the rear truck to aid in night time hook up or drop ??? I know ridge are good but the cost is $$$ I know there has to be a next best thing ...I want to mount it on my headache bar I do have the led box light

Billyj571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Actually my Dodge came with LED lights on the cab facing the bed. Now that I've gotten used to having them, I'd add something if another truck didn't have them.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:04 PM   #3
Jeff n Susan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25636
I have the factory box lighting. Its awesome, and a cheap accessory. Very nice to hook or drop in the night.
I have used 1000bulbs dot com for LED tape lighting. They seem to have the stuff I needed.
Jeff n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:14 PM   #4
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyj571 View Post
Has any one installed led light to the rear truck to aid in night time hook up or drop ??? I know ridge are good but the cost is $$$ I know there has to be a next best thing ...
Hi,
I have a co-op light bar on the headache rack with a 48 inch light bar that lights up my trailers when I hook up. Yes it is over kill but I got a great deal on it when installed on my hotshot truck. (Dodge 5 ton (5500)). The LED's in my truck bed are great for night time hook up'. I use to do wide load's hauling and I needed the flashing amber light on my truck specialty when I was with a pilot car's. For what you need is to light up the bed and hitch so I would look at the LED's light they have at Napa, or Tractor Supply. Should be under $100.00

Charlie
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:49 PM   #5
Hornet28
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25138
I use a pair like this for BU lights on my truck https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pack-6-36W...YAAOSw-1tetZLl

I have two pair similar to these on the headache rack on my car trailer. One set is on a switch for use as loading lights. The other pair are BU for the trailer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nilight-150...kAAOSwugJer~Ji

05 Mountaineer 298-RLS,
Hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote