Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Hwy 180 To Sequoia NP 8-19

I just pulled out of the Hume Lake Ranger District Station after work about 5:30pm when I passed a Montana on its way toward Sequoia National Park. I flashed, I was in my tan F-350, but no response. I have seen a few Montanas this season in the dispersed camping areas, mainly the Big Meadows/Horse Corral areas. About one more month here then we will be back on the road. Can't wait, it has been a long time staying in one area.

jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow, stuck in Sequoia National Park for a month. I have stickhouse in the high desert. I'd consider taking your place... :-) What a beautiful area.

LOL.... actually, I know what you mean. When you move around a lot, it's good to keep moving around.

You know, I wonder about that. If you are not towing a Monty and you flash someone and they are not MOCers, I wonder what the other party thinks?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
grooving grandpa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8250
Will be at Sequoia National Park Sept16-19th. Will be staying at Kaweah Park Resort in Three Rivers. Was told by MOC Tracey 13 to eat at Orange Blossom Junction. Just doing a day trip through the loop at both parks. Do not want to take the rig into the park. Will be coming there from San Simeon State Park in Cambria. Going to tour Hearsts Castle If you see me flash your lights.
grooving grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Orange Blossom Junction is a good place to eat. We are actually living in Visalia right now, I commute 40 miles to work. I work 4 - 10 hour days so it's not bad, and some weeks were are in the field for the 4 days so I have no commute. Staying in the Three rivers area is the way to go if you do not want to boondock. When you do the loop through Sequoia and Kings Canyon be prepared for a 30 min delay on the way out of Sequoia for road work. Also if you really want to have a view, when you are going out of Sequoia to Kings Canyon take the turn off toward Big Meadows and turn north at the horse camp. This takes you up to Buck Rock. This is a fire lookout that was built around 1924. It is still in service and is maintained in its original condition. The lookout is open for the public to visit, you can climb the stairs up to it and visit with the lookout on duty and have a great view of the area. We are in the process of nominating this lookout and a few others for historic places registration. Here are a few pictures of the lookout I took a couple of weeks ago, I took Carolyn's granddaughter up to the lookout. The sign in the second photo says "Buck Rock Lookout Elev. 8502".

jretz is offline   Reply With Quote